ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 03-13-2011   #1
secondchance

Default Any idea?

I was working on the power antenna and ran into a single white-black (I think white/black. Light was low and I am sort of color blined) wire cut near the power antenna. It seems to have been sheathed in a small plastic conduit. Also the elect. wire has a white plastic attachment piece seems to have beenpulled off.
Most likely happened when the car was being painted. Any ideawhat this wire serves?
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011   #2
tomtom72

Default Re: Any idea?

Yun, yours is a late model right, past 92?

I'm thinking that the book says that 93- 96 Bose system did not need the antenna relay that the 90 - 92's use and that might be what you saw. I would think why change the harness that's already in stock, right? Just because they relocated the antenna relay/and or did away with the relay all together.

Sorry Bro, best I can come up with using my 90 FSM and my parts CD.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011   #3
secondchance

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
Yun, yours is a late model right, past 92?

I'm thinking that the book says that 93- 96 Bose system did not need the antenna relay that the 90 - 92's use and that might be what you saw. I would think why change the harness that's already in stock, right? Just because they relocated the antenna relay/and or did away with the relay all together.

Sorry Bro, best I can come up with using my 90 FSM and my parts CD.

Tom
Hey, Tom,

It could be one of those abandoned wire fromearlier years. Ah, well... At least I found both sides so I will splice the two and put it back in the conduit.
I drovr thr car into work today and "oh what a feeling!!!".

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2011   #4
ittlfly

FWIW..... the 92 antenna relay is located just to the right or left ( I can't remember witch side) of the locking mechanism for the rear glass. You have to remove the plastic surround to get to it. In my old 92 LT-1 that is where I had to access it to install my antenna by pass switch. In the 93-95, the relay is located in the ''well'' behind the pass seat.
Old 03-15-2011   #5
secondchance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittlfly View Post
FWIW..... the 92 antenna relay is located just to the right or left ( I can't remember witch side) of the locking mechanism for the rear glass. You have to remove the plastic surround to get to it. In my old 92 LT-1 that is where I had to access it to install my antenna by pass switch. In the 93-95, the relay is located in the ''well'' behind the pass seat.
Thanks.
I figured out where to disconnect and all for the antenna.
I just found this cut wire hanging near left muffler/antenna area. Got it spliced back together. It's just that I have no idea what it was for.
Old 03-20-2011   #6
secondchance

Took a little while but figured out what these wires are - 2 sets of 2x white/black wires bolted to top ground point of antenna are antenna ground plane wires.
These wires will not affect FM reception but are needed for AM reception. Evidently, fiberglass cars need this additional wires (grounded only at the antenna) to receive AM signal.