ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-02-2004   #1
Cdn ZR1 Mike

Default gasket Kit

I am looking for a complete gasket set for my engine. I have seen white racing here on the home page but wanted to know if anyone has used them and knows the quality or knows of any other sources as well to compare. Your input is much appreciated.
1990 ZR1 Ported Intake, IH's and PC'd (JeffVette), 4:10's, SLP air intake, SW headers, X-pipe with flowmasters. Haibeck chip. 12.1 @117mph on GSD-3's. :mrgreen:
Cdn ZR1 Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #2
rkreigh

kurt is great with the gaskets and who I would recommend.

limey will treat you right. if he doesn't email you back, give him a call.

he's a busy guy!!
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004   #3
Cdn ZR1 Mike

I ordered them over two weeks ago from Kurt but no gaskets yet. To say I am dissapointed would be an understatement. I expected shops that are represented on this site to be of a certain quality etc. I am very dissapointed. I feel my attempts have not be met with adequate response either. E-mails have not been returned and of approximately a dozen phone calls made I left approximately 2 maybe three messages which were not returned either. When I finally reached Kurt he indicated he had shipped them only a few days later than originallyplanned but two full weeks have past since the gaskets were shipped and I have heard or seen nothing.
1990 ZR1 Ported Intake, IH's and PC'd (JeffVette), 4:10's, SLP air intake, SW headers, X-pipe with flowmasters. Haibeck chip. 12.1 @117mph on GSD-3's. :mrgreen:
Old 12-22-2004   #4
rkreigh

hey mike, keep in mind that the mail delivery is really slow now. there are some timeliness issues with many folks and the mail is all screwed up right now. even fed ex has bogged down. my express mail delivery from the post office that normally takes two days, has been over a week.

hang in there. kurt is busy trying to service all customers, but like all small shops there is only one kurt. please be patient, and don't hesitate to contact him. he will work with you and try to make it right.

he has been helping us out for years, and most have had very positive experiences, but stuff happens as you know.

I won't steer you wrong, hang in there. ops:
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004   #5
Cdn ZR1 Mike

Well I'll hang in there. The problem is I have my mechanic waiting and was bugging me about the gaskets. I don't think he believed that I bought them! I have more business to do so I'll give Kurt another shot and see what happens. Cheers.
Old 01-04-2005   #6
Cdn ZR1 Mike

I got gaskets today Yeah!!!!!! It took a month but with Christmas and all I guess it was a pain. Kurt had the gaskets extremely well packaged and really well labeled etc. Now the only problem is that I'm at the back of the pack before I will see the LT5 back together hahahaha. My guy is swamped again.
Old 01-05-2005   #7
FU

Glad to hear that everything turned out well for you Mike.

Now wait till you see how long it takes to have an LT5 engine done up.

Patience.

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005   #8
Cdn ZR1 Mike

As long as I can get the car on the road for the warm weather and in time for BG!!!
Old 01-05-2005   #9
FU

What is being done to your engine ?

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005   #10
Cdn ZR1 Mike

The engine only has 4000 original miles on it and all I'm doing is all new gaskets before I put it in the car as I like to do things right. Last thing I want is to install a 14 year old motor and find out it leaks oil. I just bought the engine a couple months ago. My ZR only has 16,000 original miles but the guy blew the motor with NOS so I bought it off him. Was originally going to drop in my 550hp stroker motor but felt the car deserved another LT5. I'm glad I found this engine reasonably priced and with such low mileage. I've known the car for many years which is why I wanted it. Performance mods will have to wait for now.