ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-08-2015   #1
BlackSheepz

Default Car Inspection Denver Colorado

Hey folks, in need of a favor.

I'm looking to buy a ZR-1 in Denver Colorado and I'd like to have a Forum member check it out for me before I fly out there to check it out for myself. (yes it is the one in the ZR-1 Registry's for sale section)
http://www.zr1netregistry.com/Market...-16995-CO.aspx

Anybody in that area know this car or that can do it?

I've already spoken with the owner. Sounds like a great guy and he is ready for someone to come look at it.

Please post here or PM me and I can send you more information. Please also let me know if you want/need anything to go do this or if you'll do it because you love Corvettes, ZR-1's and or are a great person.

Thanks in advance I really appreciate it!

Last edited by BlackSheepz; 07-08-2015 at 10:08 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
BlackSheepz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015   #2
Z51JEFF

Default Re: Car Inspection Denver Colorado

Whatever came of the 18,000 mile car in your area?
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015   #3
BlackSheepz

Default Re: Car Inspection Denver Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
Whatever came of the 18,000 mile car in your area?
Been working on that car for a little over two weeks now and have gotten too many red flags. From both the car, AND the dealer. (Dealer is no surprise, but from the car is not good).

Car has some strange metal buttons underneath the radio next to the power key, as well as the dealer has taken the car to another dealership for inspection and detailing that's taken more than two weeks now, which when I ask the basically just say a few more days. I'd probably have been ok with it had they said, "we are looking for an alternator" or "we are replacing the plastic in the dash so those metal buttons aren't there", but "a few more days" is the only thing they will tell me. They wouldn't even let me sit in the car before they sent it to inspection which I kind of understand (safety, bad experience ect), but now it's just not there. I'm guessing the other manager is enjoying it a few days.

Not discouraged, that Z was a bit too expensive for me, but super convenient considering I could have just taken my 92 to them as a trade and it was down the street so I'd have considered paying the bit of premium, but not deterred.

Been looking for a while so I knew about this one in Colorado that was in my list of top choices for a number of reasons. Decided to email the owner a few days ago just to chat and had a great conversation with him over the phone last night so I'd like to check it out. 56k miles is more miles than the one with 18k, but that means the car is likely to be more sorted out, and at 2500 miles a year the car has been enjoyed and not just sitting, which is more my style of having a Corvette anyway.

So I just need a forum volunteer to pay it a visit. You know, make sure it's a real car and a real guy and that the car is as described and requires no black magic wizardry to keep running or anything before I fly out there to look at it myself to do or die on bringing it home.

Thanks!
BlackSheepz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying a car, inspection