ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 01-11-2014   #1
DarkAngel

Default Bose Amplifier

Hello,

i have problems with my 2 front speaker on my '90 zr1
i don't have any sound from them

ive read that it might be the amplifier and i've ordered some new one from ecklers

ive changed them and had to do some welding because new and old connectivity are different
on old connectivity, the wire are welded directly on the motherboard and on the new it has some "pin" that can be plugged and unplugged

unfortunately after all of this, ive plugged them and i obtain a repetitive "tac tac tac" from them

do you have some idea on how to fix this ?

Last edited by DarkAngel; 01-11-2014 at 03:47 PM.
DarkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #2
Schrade

Default Re: Bose Amplifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
Hello,

ive read that it might be the amplifier and i've ordered some new one from ecklers

ive changed them and had to do some welding because new and old connectivity are different
on old connectivity, the wire are welded directly on the motherboard and on the new it has some "pin" that can be plugged and unplugged

unfortunately after all of this, ive plugged them and i obtain a repetitive "tac tac tac" from them

do i have some idea on how to fix this ?
Are you using 'Google Translate'? Syntax is bad on Google Translate...

Did you check to see if any power / signal is coming to the fronts, BEFORE ordering new stuff?

If there's no power / signal to the fronts, can I have your old [good] ones, when the new ones show from Ecklers?
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #3
DarkAngel

i didn't use google translate
my english is that bad ?
Old 01-11-2014   #4
xlr8nflorida

It's probably the unit under the floor on the passengers side.

Call Dr. Don - he will get you all squared away. The years are different on the termination of the wires.

http://www.doctordons.com/

There is probably cheaper but Dr. Don does a fantastic job - 1 year warranty. He has done all the radios in my Vettes. It will sound really good when refurbished.
xlr8nflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #5
Schrade

No - it's not bad English Dark Angel, but 'the Devil is in the details'...

Are you saying that you already put in the new ones from Ecklers?

Did you test the leads to each front speaker? Your multimeter should show a voltage increase as the volume is turned up...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #6
GOLDCYLON

DarkAngel as stated SCHRADE is right start with the basics make sure power is getting to the speakers/amps. As to your English it's better than my French lol and as SCHRADE stated we just want to make sure no details were lost in the translation.

If that checks out the radio brain behind the passenger seat on your 90 is the next logical suspect as stated by xlr8florida and Dr dons is the best choice for repair. GC
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #7
gbrtng

1990 is different from 1991 thru 1996 - it sounds like they shipped the wrong part.
Old 01-12-2014   #8
DarkAngel

when i had the car, the radio didn't work at all and it was the cdm that was not working
i've changed it and only the rear speakers works
the volume of the front speaker was between really low and nothing
but there was some noise; that's why i guess it could be the amplifier

i've ordered this part at ecklers
http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corve...late-1996.html

how does the part behind the passenger seat look like ?
Old 01-12-2014   #9
cvette98pacecar

Quote:
when i had the car, the radio didn't work at all and it was the cdm that was not working
i've changed it and only the rear speakers works
the volume of the front speaker was between really low and nothing
but there was some noise; that's why i guess it could be the amplifier

i've ordered this part at ecklers
http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corve...late-1996.html

how does the part behind the passenger seat look like ?
Dont forget about the Fade in the head unit. There may not be anything wrong with your speakers at all it may be in the head unit where there is little or no output to the front speakers.
I am about to rip an entire aftermarket stereo system out of my LPE. If you are interested I will give you one heck of a deal on everything.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014   #10
scottfab

Quote:
Hello,

do you have some idea on how to fix this ?
I would think the place to begin is with a few pictures of the area where you attached the wires. If you take these pictures we maybe able to determine by color of the wires if they are connected correctly.
Do you have a volt/ohm meter of any kind?

Notice this link shows info regarding the wiring on

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people

Last edited by scottfab; 01-13-2014 at 09:32 AM.
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote