ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Racing > Professional Motor Sports

Old 01-24-2005   #1
gaijin

Default Alex Job Racing Ready to Defend Titles in 2005

Alex Job Racing Ready to Defend Titles in 2005 and Take on Le Mans

Tavares, Florida - Alex Job Racing is preparing to defend their 2004 American Le Mans Series GT class driver's and team titles as the Porsche factory supported team. The team, which will test at the 3.7-mile, 17-turn Sebring International Raceway next week, will also be going after their seventh GT class victory at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Mar. 19 and possibly a second Le Mans win.

The team will return with their familiar number 23 Alex Job Racing/Porsche 911 GT3 RSR for reigning 2004 American Le Mans Series GT driver's champion Timo Bernhard. Romain Dumas will be coming over from the number 24 car to partner the defending champ.

In 2004 Bernhard posted victories at Sebring, Infineon Raceway, Mosport, Road America and Road Atlanta. Dumas posted victories at Portland and Laguna Seca, while driving his AJR Porsche to four pole positions in as many attempts at Lime Rock, Infineon Raceway, Portland and Road Atlanta.

"We are looking forward to having Timo and Romain back in the factory entry; they will be a tough pair to beat," said Alex Job, owner Alex Job Racing. "It will be our goal to have them be co-champions of the GT2 class this year. We are close to having the budget in place to run two drivers in the number 24 car for the full season as a privateer entry. The team has spent the off season replacing the tub on one car and refreshing both cars. We are hopeful to have everything in place by the test at Sebring February 1st. Once again the GT2 class will be the most competitive on the track and each of the Porsche teams has improved its driver lineup and cars for this year."

Since winning the GT class in 2003 at Le Mans with Peterson Motorsport, Alex Job has always planned to return to Le Sarthe. "Le Mans is the Super Bowl of our sport. It is always a budgeted item for us, but we just haven't been able to put it together. We are as close as we ever have been to going back to Le Mans, this time as our own effort."

"I am glad that I will be staying with Alex Job for the 2005 season," said Timo Bernhard. "We have a solid base in the team, this will be my fourth full season with the guys and I am looking forward to the challenge of defending the championship. Although the GT2 class will be quite strong in 2005, I think we have a pretty good chance of winning it again. I met Romain in 2003 at Petit Le Mans and we won the first time we drove together. Last year he was in the number 24 car and has a full ALMS season with the team and knowledge of all the tracks. So I think we will be a very strong pairing. Our goal is clear -win the ALMS GT2 championship again!"

"I am very happy to drive with Timo for the 2005 ALMS season," said Romain Dumas. "Every driver wants to win races and this situation puts us in a very good position to repeat as champions. Last year I had to learn the tracks and get to know the team. This year we will be able to tune the car for maximum performance and go to each track with a lot of knowledge and then we just have to win. Alex Job and the crew always have a car that is fast and dependable. I am looking forward to Sebring and to try to win one of the most famous events in endurance racing."

Porsche racing stalwart Sascha Maassen will rejoin the team as the third driver at Sebring. Maassen remains the winningest driver in ALMS history and will try to help lead the team to an unprecedented seventh Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring victory in the ALMS opening race in March.
gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote