ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 11-19-2020   #1
spork2367

Default search function

Why does the search function here suck so bad? I've been on plenty of forums running vbulletin. I'm pretty sure that vbulletin doesn't support phrase searches, but on here it doesn't even seem to support any "and" function. All searches seem to default to "or".
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020   #2
ram_g

Default Re: search function

Totally agree. There's an absolute *wealth* of knowledge in these forums and I find that just about anything I've asked has been answered before - but accessing it is extremely tedious compared to most any other forum.
ram_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021   #3
spork2367

Default Re: search function

Search is still terrible. Is anyone looking into this?

My observation previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spork2367 View Post
I'm on a dozen or more vbulletin forums. Whatever the issue is, it's specific to this forum, not vbulletin.

For example, go to the advanced search and search for posts with: valve spring. None of the top three results contain the phrase "valve spring." It doesn't matter whether you search "valve spring" with quotes, valve and spring, or just valve spring. Same results. It's not searching for one post with the combination of valve and spring.

Go do the same search at corvetteforum and look at the top three results. Every one contains the combination of valve and spring. Put quotes on "valve spring" and the results change. Here they do not. It's a registry forum issue and it makes the search function useless.
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote