ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 05-19-2011   #1
rhipsher

Default My other toy.

While I was digging through old pictures I came accross some pics of me getting ready to drop the 302 4V into the 68 Mustang after completely rebuilding the motor. In 1996 when I pulled it out the odometer read 275,000 miles and the odometer cable was broke when I bought the car so It could have had more miles than that on it for all I know. The cam lobes were rounded off big time. That was the first engine I had ever taken down an engine down to the block and had it remachined 100%. It was actually pretty cheap to have done. $630 for heads to be machined. And another $650 for the bottom end bored .012 over. I went with and RV cam which was a little better than stock. They reworked my rods. I had hardened valve seats installed to run good on todays unleaded gas. Brass freeze plugs. I went with molly push rods brand new rockers. Double roller timing chain and gears. Everything was new. It fired up on the second turn of the ignition key. Sadly it has sat in the garage since 2000 untouched. I did fire it up about 5 years ago just to see if it would and it did no problem. I want to do a few more things to the ZR-1 first and then I plan to focus back on finishing the restoration of the stang. But heres some good pics.
Me dropping the polished crank into the block in 1996.

Getting ready to drop the heart back into the stang with some help from my gear head neighbors.

I was planning to turn this car into a concours show winner which is very difficult to do. Having to call mustang grave yards from Florida to California hunting down proper parts with the correct date codes is a real pain. But I did it.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011   #2
FU

Default Re: My other toy.

Post up some pic's of that 68 Mustang if you can. I all way's liked 'em.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Not fair posting pic's of your handsome self back in 1996

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote