ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 02-05-2022   #1
emmvette

Default ZR-1 donor car wanted, inexpensive

I have a nice drive train, but need a body and frame for it. Anyone have a decent body and frame to sell? It doesn't make sense to spend a lot of coin on this, so please don't contact me with a $10k+ car. Its unfortunate our cars aren't worth more, as it is it doesn't make sense to spend much to put one of these together.

A good example of what I could use would be a project car that someone doesn't have time to finish, or a car with a blown engine, etc.

A partially parted out car may work, but since I need a body, just a bare frame won't be enough. I'd prefer a car with intact wiring, as I'm not wanting to go that far into a project. I'm fine to remove and replace an engine and trans, brakes, etc. But I'm busy at work so beyond that is really outside of reasonable for me.

I'd love any suggestions or contacts if you know of someone with a potential donor car. I've considered finding a non-ZR-1 for cheap and using it, but that is a loosing proposition as it will never be worth even 1/3 what I'll spend to put it together. The value of a non-ZR-1 with a 402 CI LT-5 isn't much.......

Plant B: Anyone want to find me fast boat to put this in? I'd be game for making the Merc Cruiser Wette Vette #3, but honestly I don't have the skill or knowledge to make the headers needed, wiring, or a new brain. But a Baha with a 550 HP LT-5 would be pretty fine....Does anyone know what happened to the Wette Vette engine that sold on BAT a couple years ago? It is getting used? Maybe they don't want to fuss with it? Hmmmm.

Plan C: Buy a Factory 5 kit and put my drive train in it. Not sure it would fit.

Plan D: Make this an off-road rally race car, but I'd need significant time and work to do that.....

Plan D: Sell the drive train. That's my least favorite option and sounds lame

Last edited by emmvette; 02-05-2022 at 11:07 AM.
emmvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022   #2
G8nightman

Default Re: ZR-1 donor car wanted, inexpensive

Sad to say plan D seems most realistic but you might get lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
90 Chevy ZR1 LPE #2315 'SOLD'
90 Chevy ZR1 LPE #2774 'SOLD'
91 Chevy ZR1 Callaway aerobody
91 Chevy ZR1 #1512
91 Chevy ZR1 #951
95 Chevy ZR1 #338 'SOLD'
91 BMW 850i
94 BMW 850csi
95 BMW 850csi
94 Lotus Esprit S4
07 Benz CLS550
06 BMW M5 "SOLD"
G8nightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022   #3
spork2367

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8nightman View Post

Yup.

The time of the cheap zr-1 project car has come and gone (at least for the time being). There are virtually no "cars with blown motors." Most cars are taken out of service for body damage or fires. Once people pull the drivetrains and pay too much for them, they scrap the bodies. There is a pretty rough, but repairable shell on ebay right now. There have been two others that pop up from time to time. One that's been sitting outside, and Kurt White's. I've seen pretty rough fire cars going in the 7k range.

Sucks, I bought a complete engine and ECU in 2012ish for 2100 shipped. In 2016 I bought a complete running driving low mileage car with a clean title that needed body work for 6500 shipped from Washington to PA....The good ole days.

OP: What is your budget for this project?
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022   #4
onethumb

I would think that you could find any number of interesting homes for the drive train. I always thought it would be fun to use in a 70s era Camaro/Firechicken.
Old 02-05-2022   #5
A26B

Quote:
Originally Posted by onethumb View Post
I would think that you could find any number of interesting homes for the drive train. I always thought it would be fun to use in a 70s era Camaro/Firechicken.
I know a guy, who shall remain un-named, considering putting an LT5 in a Dodge Charger. Another who installed an LT5 in a Hudson Hornet, a myriad of installations in pickups, 55~57 chevys, Corvettes, Camaros, Chevelles and a few others I don't recall offhand. Only your imagination limits the possibilities.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022   #6
emmvette

Love this group! A real bunch of enablers..... :-)
Old 02-05-2022   #7
Corvettes White

There was a 1990 shell convertible for sell last year here.
George.
Corvettes White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022   #8
spork2367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvettes White View Post
There was a 1990 shell convertible for sell last year here.
George.
That is Brett's. That is a MAJOR project. I've considered it a couple times, but you really need a c4 convertible donor car to go with it.
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022   #9
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8nightman View Post

Concur you unfortunately have started about 8 years too late. However you just never know.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022   #10
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by onethumb View Post
One of my dream resto-mods using full C4 suspension. Back in the day I had a 71 Camaro F41 4speed.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX

Last edited by XfireZ51; 03-08-2024 at 02:09 PM.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote