ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > East Central Region

Old 08-20-2010   #1
XfireZ51

Default Crowne Pointe Corvette Challenge

Here's the latest communication from Jeff Greystone. Right now looks like it won't make sense to participate. Bummer.

Hello All,
*** After talking with our members*it sounds like the majority is voting for the US131 track in Martin, MI.* Out of all our members who responded only 2 said it was too far for them.* They agreee that US41 is not being reasonable and that the track and bathroom facilities are less than adequate.
*** I have sent email to*all the MI clubs as well as northern IN and NW Ohio clubs to*see if there is any interest from their clubs as well. I will be sending off to all the IL clubs soon (I have to go to work and ran out of time today )
****I have not yet booked the MI site but it is leaning that way for a*Sunday in early Oct.
Please give me an idea of how many your club would be bringing, if any, so I can add to my count.* If the numbers are there, I*am going to book it.* If not, we will have to go with US41 again and pay his gate*price.* $25 per car, $12 per spectator and then an additional $15 to us to race.* But know this, if we do US41 there will not be a charity this year as all income will be going to expenses and awards.* Whereas if we have enough in MI there will be a charity.
Also, spoke with the local hotels and they are willing to block off rooms at lower*rates for those who wish to go the night before.
I know there are you from down south and further into IL who may not come to MI but if I can can get a much better track for almost half the price and give a nice donation to a charity that is what it's all about.* Think of it as a nice weekend away.*
Anyhow, have a*great day and I hope to hear from you soon!
Jeff Graystone
Club President & Webmaster
Crown Point Corvette Club
http://www.crownpointvettes.org/
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010   #2
XfireZ51

Default Re: Crowne Pointe Corvette Challenge

Its too bad US 41 doesn't seem to be working out. We had a great time the first year 3 of us went. Paul W's car actually ran in those days.
Just a brief update with my response to Jeff G and his reply:

To: Jeff Graystone jeffsc5@yahoo.com

Jeff,

I'm not speaking for anyone else but I can probably say others feel as I do. I appreciate your interest in the charity but Martin, MI is quite a haul for us from IL. Keep us posted. The Fast Boyz of Illinoiz would be happy to participate with our ZR-1s if the track is within reasonable driving distance.

Cheers,

Dominic Sorresso
92 ZR-1 #474
Aqua/Gray
AZZURO-1

I understand and thanks for the reply. I will let you know which way we go very soon and hopefully you guys can come out.

Talk to you soon. Have a good weekend

Jeff Graystone
Club President & Webmaster
Crown Point Corvette Club
http://www.crownpointvettes.org/

XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote