ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2013   #1
vilant

Default Can someone explain something to me?

Whether publicly or privately, I want to know why Scott's post was deleted? I can't see any reason why it should of. He never named anyone publicly that I saw, and even if he did, so what. Offensive posts are one thing, but someone's opinion on how they feel is something else. I've seen worse things left up, like the whole debacle of what happened at BG last year. Not trying to stir the pot, I just want to know what happened.
1990 Bright Red ZR-1 #2599
Old 12-28-2013   #2
MickeyD

Default Re: Can someone explain something to me?

Two words Joe, political correctness. We are all little girls here and should not be allowed to see or read certain things that might upset or offend us. Wish we could all be men and get over it. Thank the Lord for the powers that be that protect us from ourselves here.

I'll prolly get blocked for this one. LOL
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469
1990 ZR1 Black/Black #843
1993 ZR1 Ruby 40th Anniversary #112
Old 12-28-2013   #3
Kevin

we allow people who scammed members out of money to post here, but that got yanked.
Old 12-28-2013   #4
Vette Guy

Gentlemen,

Before this post goes any further - this issue has been brought before the Board of Directors and we will look into these events.

The forum rules set the boundaries of what we will and will not allow, and they are intended to ensure everyone has the ability to participate with dignity and respect. Members can voice their opinions here and may also violently disagree on an issue, however once posts go beyond facts to a personal attack on an individual, they've gone too far. Rule #7 clearly states how strongly we feel about this.

If you have an issue with the club, I'd ask that you contact me or another member of the board privately - we're here to work for you.
Regards,
Mark
membership@zr1netregistry.com

Our rules are posted at: http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117 for your review, and are reposted below.

Forum Rules--Read if you are a new user!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ZR-1 Net Forum rules are simple.

1. Please keep all posts in their appropriate forums. All threads with ANY technical nature (troubleshooting/wrenching need to be posted in the appropriate tech forum)

2. Keep all posts and pictures containing nudity off the forum. Remember, a lot of our users access the site from their workplace. They do NOT need any surprise pictures that a boss or co-worker may stumble upon.

3. You may review your experiences with any company AND post a link to their website so long as you are reviewing the quality of their goods and services and making suggestions to other members AND NOT trying to make a sale with the rest of the ZR-1 Net members on YOUR products.

Do not post links to your raffles, pyramid marketing, or similar type websites without first obtaining permission from an administrator.

4. Please refrain from using racial or offensive language/jokes. We are comprised of alot of diverse backgrounds, and everyone should feel at home here.

5. Flaming will not be tolerated. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, by all means, post it. Arguing and name calling is childish and uncalled for.

6. New Users: If you are unable to view/post any messages then you have NOT logged into the email address you signed up with and CONFIRMED your account. Please do so for immediate access.

7. Failure to follow the rules will result in your account being deleted and your IP banned from accessing our system.

8. Please report all violations to any of the Forum Leaders or a Forum Administrator

9. This site is NOT AFFILLIATED with the General Motors Company.

10. SPAM. Speaks for itself. If you come here with the sole intention of advertising your website without contributing anything to our forums, you will not be welcomed here. As a matter of fact, you WILL get flamed

11. Each user shall have one and only one User Name. Two or more User Names for the same person will not be tolerated and "extra" User Names will be deleted.
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Old 12-28-2013   #5
vilant

Ok, I've read the rules you posted, but they don't explain why his post was deleted. I don't think he broke any of the rules you listed, in his original post. Unless I missed something, which I might have.
1990 Bright Red ZR-1 #2599
Old 12-28-2013   #6
GOLDCYLON

Joe pm sent
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 01-10-2014   #7
Vette Guy

Members of the ZR-1 Net Registry,

The Board of Directors met on the evening of December 8th, and discussed this incident at length. As a result, we acknowledge an apology is due to Scott Fabre for his post being deleted unnecessarily. Our moderators have a difficult job maintaining decorum on the ZR-1 Net Registry Forum, and have our support to make the tough decisions they believe are warranted given the perceived context, tone and intent. As a result of this issue, we have taken a much needed review of our forum rules, oversight of the Forum operation itself and will be making changes in the near future. It is our firm belief that members treat one another with respect and dignity at all times while participating on this forum. There is almost always more than one side to any discussion item, and if the forum rules are followed, everyone will have the opportunity to discuss and learn from one another; we grow as a community. It will never be permitted to personally attack another member for stating his/her opinion, right or wrong. Members can voice their opinions here and may also violently disagree on an issue, however once posts go beyond issues to a personal attack on an individual, they’ve gone too far and are not welcome here on our forum.

As always, the Board of Directors welcome your feedback and take seriously your concerns regarding any issue within the ZR-1 Net Registry.

Regards,
Mark
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Old 01-10-2014   #8
Kevin

Mark,
Is there a policy in place to deal with known scammers?
Old 01-10-2014   #9
QB93Z

Kevin,

The preferred method to deal with posts the you think are spam is to use the "Report a post" tool (a triangle with an exclamation point) or send a PM to a Moderator or to me.

Jim
Closed Thread