ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 04-22-2010   #1

Default 1/2 way through 1st plenum pull

Just got done pulling plenum and fuel rail, [never done it before]. Have new injectors mounted in rail. I pretty much followed Mark Haibecks dvd.

Surprized to find 1/4" bolt that holds electrical connector to the back of the ignition module was only finger tight. Surprized area under plenum was as dirty as it was for a car with only 10 thou. original miles.

Bumbed that even after being real patient and careful, two injectors pulled out of the bottom of the fuel rail while trying to take off of engine, [minor gas spill in valley]. Those 2 injectors were incredible tight in the housing.

Putting it all back together tommorow, have to take wife out to supper now, and watch the NFL draft tonight. Overall, plenum pull is not that intimidating, changing CCM 5 years ago was way more involved. Only consern now is getting that electrical connection with the 1/4" bolt on correctly and tight.
902066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #2
gbmidyear66

Default Re: 1/2 way through 1st plenum pull

You are giving me the courage and inspiration to take this on myself

Waiting on delivery of marc's DVD. What injectors did you go with and why (Accell, Lucas, other?)
gbmidyear66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #3
phrogs

Id just get a 1/4 ratchet and extension and if you can tap the socket to the extension to help it "stay put" other than that its not to bad

Currently own

90 ZR-1 #845 DRM 500 engine package

90 #226 Parts car Hit me up if you need anything.
phrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmidyear66 View Post
You are giving me the courage and inspiration to take this on myself

Waiting on delivery of marc's DVD. What injectors did you go with and why (Accell, Lucas, other?)

Using rebuilt injectors from Fuel Injector Connection, mainly its a cost thing right now, [twins, seniors in college]. Next year at this time money won't be near as big an issue.

Jon at F.I.C. has been great to work with. Thier Customer service is the best if needed. Going to pressurize the fuel rail and injectors to check for leaks and drips before putting the plenum back on.
902066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #5
gbmidyear66

902066 - please let us know how the FICS work out - I'm now down to FIC and Accel as my choice. Do you know exactly what "rebuilt" means? I had assumed injectors were not a rebuildable item.

Yeah - I've got a set of twins myself - they are more $ to maintain the the ZR-1 for sure.
gbmidyear66 is offline   Reply With Quote