ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-26-2009   #1
secondchance

Default ZR-1 vs. C5

For a old friend of mine, I located and bought a 2002 on his behalf today. Picked it up this morning and drove it back to N. VA from Baltimore. A few things that registered in my mind as I had a chance to spend some time behind the wheel of a C5:

1. General feeling of the car, i.e. slight squiglly feeling, summertime hot plastic sorta flexing against each other, a little bit of squeaks and rattle, was amazingly similar to any C4 including ZR-1s.
2. This car has a Corsa exhaust which sounds quite agressive when pushed. Perhaps I am partial, but the motor was rumbly unlike LT5. Simply did not have that smooth turbine like feel to it, especially at idle.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fine car and I am the one who suggested C5 to him knowing that this is the very first "toy car" he has ever bought in his life. I felt C5 auto would make better sense for him. Nonetheless, it was amazing how different the motor felt.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #2
FU

Default Re: ZR-1 vs. C5

I agree , C5's are very good cars in theyre own way.

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009   #3
Z51JEFF

Ive got a friend that just bought a convertible with 6000 miles.I loved the way the car drove,extremely refined and the LS motor,with very little work can be a beast in its own right.The one thing I liked most,opening the door and stepping out like a normal car..
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009   #4
WB9MCW

Yep in and out easy is nice and the auto and the LS motor are good for the wife and others to share if that is the case. Plus a trunk is nice too. No spare is a bummer though once you replace those run flats with regular tires which is what my buddy did. His GF drives it more than he does.

Best friends 98 vert that he bought off Ebay out of Florida.

But to have the 6 speed and 7200 rpm and the long pull is what makes the big difference IMO. The beast will always race the heart vs the standard issue.
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote