ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2017   #81
Karl

Default Re: I'm Boycotting NFL Games

Freedom is not free. I asked my father about the nfl players taking a knee and he personally does not care and firmly believe everyone has the right to love and hate one another as they please.

My dad is in his mid 80s, joined the army at age 15 and spent some of his best years fighting for freedom and for survival in the Korean war. For his actions he was only awarded a silver star and remembers good and bad times serving this country.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_9981

The act of taking a knee is not a disrespectful act.

If it is ok and expected for us to do in church as christians, to ask a woman to marry you, or in respect for the wounded or injured, why not ok for a protest?

Because "some people" want to keep you "in check" and have you behave a certain way.

Last but not least anyone who thinks racism is not alive today is a fool. I believe that a majority of people are not racist, but this problem does exist. Trust me.

I personally do not watch sports until the playoffs come, and that is for all sports.

They all make more money than me and do not have the financial challenges of the average person. No sleep being lost here!
1993 ZR-1 #211 Yellow On Beige Beast #2
1992 ZR-1 #427 Black On Black *Sold*
1985 L98 Blue On Blue *Sold*
Old 09-29-2017   #82
randy ransome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Freedom is not free. I asked my father about the nfl players taking a knee and he personally does not care and firmly believe everyone has the right to love and hate one another as they please.

My dad is in his mid 80s, joined the army at age 15 and spent some of his best years fighting for freedom and for survival in the Korean war. For his actions he was only awarded a silver star and remembers good and bad times serving this country.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_9981

The act of taking a knee is not a disrespectful act.

If it is ok and expected for us to do in church as christians, to ask a woman to marry you, or in respect for the wounded or injured, why not ok for a protest?

Because "some people" want to keep you "in check" and have you behave a certain way.

Last but not least anyone who thinks racism is not alive today is a fool. I believe that a majority of people are not racist, but this problem does exist. Trust me.

I personally do not watch sports until the playoffs come, and that is for all sports.

They all make more money than me and do not have the financial challenges of the average person. No sleep being lost here!
Like you stated everyone can do as they please when the National Anthem is played but it is "disrespectful" to take a knee.

Old 09-29-2017   #83
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy ransome View Post
Like you stated everyone can do as they please when the National Anthem is played but it is "disrespectful" to take a knee.

I personally do not think they should take a knee during nfl games.

My point is the act of taking a knee is not disrespectful and if they do take a knee then ok. Freedom of speech.

The real problem is lack of leadership in the nfl and the government.

The players should be wearing a pin like any other cause, run a tv commercia with Trump and move on.

But since there are problems that people do not want to talk about and resolve, especially from leadership, then we will be divided and see this happen. Everyone has a right and that's how it goes!

Have a good day.
1993 ZR-1 #211 Yellow On Beige Beast #2
1992 ZR-1 #427 Black On Black *Sold*
1985 L98 Blue On Blue *Sold*

Last edited by Karl; 09-29-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-29-2017   #84
USAF Retired
BANNED

Interesting and thought provoking responses but we are still boycotting the NFL forever. Burned my Bucs gear last Sunday. No regrets.

Here's a justified question: Why hasn't Kaepernick or the other players protested on their own time, not on the NFL's watch? Why hasn't Kaepernick protested since last year? Has he given any of his own time and money (he makes $20M yearly) to his cause? He and all the black players claim all Law Enforcement is racist? Really? I've been stopped by the Police since the 60s, some have treated me well and others have not. I've had black officers stop me and treat me badly so am I gonna protest that all black officers are racist? No. Black players claims racism is alive and well. If racism exists in the NFL then why aren't black football players outed and white players replaced?

Racism exists all over the world. Have any of you been to Africa? Zimbabwe? Did you know whites are being murdered in Zimbabwe and their land and homes taken? Did you know?

What about the massive black on black crime today? Why haven't any of the kneeling black players protested this?

What about when a black officer or black person kills a white person, have you ever noticed it never makes the headlines? It happens a lot too.

The Charlottesville incident was a two way street meaning both parties were guilty as President Trump rightfully said. The groups protesting the removal of a Confederate statue had a permit to protest and if you look at the videos, you will see they were attacked by the Left/Liberal. Also the news is distorting the truth. Why? I do not know-but they are. The news today is clearly fake news such as CNN .... It is almost criminal what CNN is doing because their reporting is beyond fake in my opinion.

My point is this. We have a right to protest but do it on your own time. Not at your job and think twice about protesting a subject that millions of people die for each year so you can have that right.

And have any of you passed any time reading the sites, forums and youtube accounts of the many American White Haters (Black Americans) today? Farrakhan, Black Panthers, Liberals and many other black groups. Maybe you should check it out because many blacks today hate this country, hate the flag, hate the national anthem because they associate it with slavery 300+ years ago.

And what about Obama? Eight years of Obama and whites did not complain did they? Obama in my view was the worst president this country has ever had but did I protest and damage property or stand in front of traffic? No, I did not.

I don't care if you are white, black, red or yellow. if you hate the flag, the country's song and America then you should leave and go live in another country.

Have a nice weekend my friends.

Last edited by USAF Retired; 09-29-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-29-2017   #85
BigJohn

My family has been in this area of the country for thousands of years!
We have fought for our neighbors and nation since colonial days!
We were not allowed to become US citizens until 1953!
We have defended US Flag and will continue to do so!

Are you certain you don't want to race!
Old 09-29-2017   #86
A26B

Only 3 of the 6 Marines who raised the flag on Mt Suribachi made it off the island alive. How would the survivors & families of the fallen have felt about the flag being referred to as "just a piece of cloth"?

Many have made the ultimate sacrifice, before & after these Marines and other patriots. I don't think its too much to ask, to stand with hand over heart or salute for just a couple of minutes in remembrance. It's a matter of respect.

I am proud to be a United States Marine...
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.

Last edited by A26B; 09-29-2017 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-29-2017   #87
lfalzarano

So am I. I know that you want this to go away, but we protected their freedoms, whether we agree or not. I don’t like how they are doing it, knowing they need to get out and help resolve their issues. They are taking the slack *** way of protesting instead of getting out to solve the problem!

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Old 09-29-2017   #88
A26B

1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
Old 09-29-2017   #89
USAF Retired
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfalzarano View Post
So am I. I know that you want this to go away, but we protected their freedoms, whether we agree or not. I don’t like how they are doing it, knowing they need to get out and help resolve their issues. They are taking the slack *** way of protesting instead of getting out to solve the problem!
I admire Herschel Walker these days. Herschel is not black or white. He's an American plain and simple. Herschel is going about it the right way. He doesn't bitch or complain or embarrass the country. Instead he's positive and supports the Armed Forces all the while speaks and brings attention to his personal disorder. It's a real shame we don't have more athletes like Herschel Walker.

Last edited by USAF Retired; 09-29-2017 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-30-2017   #90
USAF Retired
BANNED

My enlisted Son just sent me these patriotic videos so sharing here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z634hlt8b9o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gsglPWFdAE&t=10s

Last edited by USAF Retired; 09-30-2017 at 12:55 AM.
Closed Thread