ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 04-28-2018   #61
Jagdpanzer

Default Re: Fidanza users

Also had the skill saw noise with an aluminum flywheel install.
Valley drain tube making contact with the front side of the flywheel.
George Braml Intake
Jagdpanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018   #62
oricale

Default Re: Fidanza users

With the fidanza's I have installed, we have always had the rattle at idle. We have been working on something with fidanza to assist in the rattle without losing the performance factor. I do want to note a few things.

*The very nature of a non cammed/ cammed(esp) LT5 with a single mass flywheel is that it will rattle. Its one of the reasons GM used a dual mass with the robust Truck trans (ZF-series). However the extent if the rattle is different.
* Balancing is KEY with replacing the flywheel and clutch systems before installation(vibration ranges from about 2000-3800RPM)
* Phils advice in checking mating surfaces is SPOT ON, as we have found issues with mating surfaces, although it always caused a whine throughout the gears.
* My personal experience with rattle in the first 1800 RPM has been sparatic. I have had 2 91's do it slightly and a 95' that was pretty bad..(looking at my notes)
*RPM makes a trans oil/additive that apparently cuts down the racket..[emoji26]
*I do tell every customer that is interested in a aluminum flywheel to expect a bit of rattle..(esp if they are camming)
*Bill!...I am glad u were able to get the trans over to Bill B. I Would love a review of the trans after.
[B][I][COLOR=red]1990 ZR1[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [U]#00077 [COLOR=red]RED[/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]RED[/COLOR] (10Y022 PEP CAR)
[/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=red]1991 ZR1[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [U]#00517 ("Irene")[COLOR=red]WHITE[/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]RED-SOLD:cry:[/COLOR] [B][/B]
[/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=red]1992 ZR1[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [U]#00445("The Revenant")[COLOR=red][COLOR="Black"]BLACK [/COLOR][/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]RED(2016 T.O.D!) [/COLOR] [/U][/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=red]2009 [COLOR=red]Z06!![COLOR=black]BLK/BLK rare Linen interior[/COLOR] 707HP!![/COLOR] [/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=red]2006[/COLOR] BLK/BLK Z51 (Just SICK FAST!)SOLD)[/I][/B]
[B][I]1996 BLK/BLK LT4 Grnsprt(sold...Twice!)[/I][/B]
[B][I]1991 RED/REDL98(Fell off the shipping truck:([/I][/B]
[B][I]1980 BLK/RED L82(Sold)[/I][/B]
[B][I][B][I]1990[/I][/B] RED/BLK(sold.....In Japan)[/I][/B]
[I][COLOR=black][B][I]2006[/I][/B][/COLOR][/I] [COLOR=red]Mustang GT[/COLOR] ([B][I]mach 1[/I][/B])[B](sold)[/B]
[COLOR=black][B][I]1969[/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Mach[/COLOR] [B][I]1(sold in Japan)[/I][/B]
[COLOR=black][B][I]1969[/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Mach[/COLOR] [B][I]1#2(sold)[/I][/B]

[B][I]WAZOO Member...[/I][/B]

[url]www.evolution-motorsport.com[/url]

facebook/evolutionmotorsportengineering

Your Local [url]www.Amsoil.com[/url] dealer/user..

*Victory Loves Preparation*

Last edited by oricale; 05-01-2018 at 09:26 AM.
oricale is offline   Reply With Quote