ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Old 09-18-2010   #61
Aurora40

Default Re: NW region ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 415 View Post
Unlike yourself, I know Jeff very well and I do know his intent. I do know with 100% certainty that he intended to pay it back when he could. I don't waste my time making assumptions like you and Rex Ruby love to do. Try posting with facts and not guesses based on assumptions. Your assumptions just create more unnecessary slander.
What assumption did I make? And can you please clarify how an intent to pay the money back matters? That makes stealing OK in your book?

It is funny that you think your close relationship to Jeff makes you more impartial. Maybe people should be tried by their good friends, that way their intent can be accurately taken into account.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #62
1990 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
What assumption did I make? And can you please clarify how an intent to pay the money back matters? That makes stealing OK in your book?

It is funny that you think your close relationship to Jeff makes you more impartial. Maybe people should be tried by their good friends, that way their intent can be accurately taken into account.
Your slander of calling it stealing is an assumption. You have no impartiality, or else you wouldn't call Jeff an embezzler. You are forming conclusions from a minority of the pertinent information. I have no formed conclusions, just facts (that must really bother you).
1990 415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #63
4DSZR1

Quote:

I've been trying to stay out of this downward spiral of our club, but I have to say wow........ you must lead a pretty gawd dang perfect life, to so easily jump to moral conclusions and throw stones. And being you bring up "trying", a couple things come to mind. Aren't trials about reviewing FACTS and then making a judgment.... do you have them all? I bet not.

And, you are the exact reason we jury of of our peers and not one person off the street making knee jerk judgments.

PLEASE let this die and lets go back to talking ZR-1's
4DSZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #64
QB93Z

Quote:
Unlike yourself, I know Jeff very well and I do know his intent. I do know with 100% certainty that he intended to pay it back when he could. I don't waste my time making assumptions like you and Rex Ruby love to do. Try posting with facts and not guesses based on assumptions. Your assumptions just create more unnecessary slander.
1990 415 Are you a member of the ZR-1 Net Registry? Since the only identifying information in your profile is "1990 ZR-1" and that you live in "Canada", we don't know who you are.

Please identify yourself. If you do so, this will probably be a more civil and meaningful conversation.

Jim

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #65
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DSZR1 View Post
I've been trying to stay out of this downward spiral of our club, but I have to say wow........ you must lead a pretty gawd dang perfect life, to so easily jump to moral conclusions and throw stones. And being you bring up "trying", a couple things come to mind. Aren't trials about reviewing FACTS and then making a judgment.... do you have them all? I bet not.

And, you are the exact reason we jury of of our peers and not one person off the street making knee jerk judgments.

Ron made it fairly clear what happened in the email he sent to registry members, are you suggesting the things he mentioned were not factual? Jeff used the club credit card to pay for personal expenses. Please point out any facts I am missing from that.

As to morals, I'll go on the record so you won't have to speculate about my life. I find it disturbing that morals and ethics have degraded to the point where people will try to excuse or apologize for anything. If someone trusted me with their money, I would not then go and spend it. If you think that makes me "gawd dang perfect", as opposed to just a normal everyday person, well that is really disappointing. Personally, I think that is a quite reasonable expectation, especially of the treasurer of a non-profit organization.

As to knee-jerk judgments, apparently a majority of the board felt what he did was wrong enough that he should resign. Are you suggesting they were not in possession of all the facts? Otherwise, it sounds like he got his jury of peers... I've formed an opinion from the facts I am aware of, just like you have. If you think facts are missing from this, fill them in (just a note, "he's my friend and I know he didn't mean it" is not a fact).

My intent was not to drag Jeff through the mud. I did not bring him into this conversation. You, however, as well as several others, did. When you conjectured that the NW denial of funding was not based on the lack of cooperation from the event planners, but rather from some petty revenge motive against Jeff.

I've yet to see anyone show any facts of this, or any evidence of this motive. The only thing I can think of, in the complete absence of anyone qualifying why they think that, is that the fact that Jeff was ousted is the "proof".

However, it seems to me that his resignation was a direct result of his actions. There are no conspirators or others to blame.

As to letting it die, I have offered to help settle the issue by putting my money where my mouth is. I will say I am surprised that folks who actually attended the event have not already done that, if they had, this would have been put to rest long ago.
Former owner of #2517

Old 09-19-2010   #66
Aurora40

Quote:
Your slander of calling it stealing is an assumption. You have no impartiality, or else you wouldn't call Jeff an embezzler. You are forming conclusions from a minority of the pertinent information. I have no formed conclusions, just facts (that must really bother you).
I notice you only addressed the trivial stuff. Taking money that is not yours is OK, if there is an intent to pay it back? Yes or no.
Former owner of #2517

Old 09-19-2010   #67
1990 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB93Z View Post
1990 415 Are you a member of the ZR-1 Net Registry? Since the only identifying information in your profile is "1990 ZR-1" and that you live in "Canada", we don't know who you are.

Please identify yourself. If you do so, this will probably be a more civil and meaningful conversation.

Jim
Jim, you know exactly who I am. We have spoken numerous times at gatherings over the last 4 years. Please don't insult me by claiming you don't know who I am. There are two 415s in Canada and you know both of the owners.
Old 09-19-2010   #68
1990 415

Quote:
I notice you only addressed the trivial stuff. Taking money that is not yours is OK, if there is an intent to pay it back? Yes or no.
I addressed you and your slander. If you consider that and yourself trivial, well that is your issue. If you actually knew ALL the pertinent information about the Jeff issue, you wouldn't continue to make your erroneous conjectures. I am through with trying to demonstrate to you that you only have part of the information. I prefer to deal with facts and not suppositions.
Old 09-19-2010   #69
1990 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DSZR1 View Post

AMEN brother!
Old 09-19-2010   #70
4DSZR1

"...As to knee-jerk judgments, apparently a majority of the board felt what he did was wrong enough that he should resign. Are you suggesting they were not in possession of all the facts? Otherwise, it sounds like he got his jury of peers... I've formed an opinion from the facts I am aware of, just like you have...."

This is interesting

One, you don't know my opinion on the Jeff issue, because opinions on that have NO business in here, they don't help the issue or any effort to move forward from this issue. You do have my opinion on on PNW event, I still think we (Nick) were punished because of the Jeff issue.

Two, your statement "If you think facts are missing from this, fill them in (just a note, "he's my friend and I know he didn't mean it" is not a fact)." Fill the facts in? Are you kidding? That is exactly what you have done, too damn funny that you can say this and yet do it yourself. I guess I should have been clearer in my post. Unless you all the facts one should keep their mouth shut as their opinions and arbitrary fact filling has done nothing to improve the issue... Know the saying? You're either part of the solution or part of the problem....

Back up your words with actions and stay out of it...You and I have, as you say in one of your posts "no skin in the game"

You can have the last word, no matter what you say the issue is dead to me....I'm going out to the garage and play on my car.

Good Luck to you
4DSZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote