ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-04-2013   #51
XfireZ51

Default Re: ROZA NERO Interior Conversion

Here's an update. Took advantage of the 50F day before we head into deep freeze.

1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #52
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Wow

Great job Dom!!!

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #53
cvette98pacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Took advantage of some nice weather here today. I was able to remove the console frame, passenger seat and remainder of the carpeting. Loads of wires.
The 92 was the first year w ASR, so what would normally be a second rear hatch bin is full of hydraulics and electronics. The "door" to the bin is bolted shut and so the hatch carpet only has one flap and one hatch pull handle w lock. Well the 90 carpet is setup for 2 bin doors, pull handles and locks. Got a bin door from a 91 along w a lock to fill the hole. Now I should be able to install the pull handle onto the hatch carpet.
A few shots of the car devoid of carpeting and seats and just starting to install riser and hatch side carpeting.

Dom, you are giving me flash backs from when I had the entire interior out of the Aerobody.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013   #54
Blue Flame Restorations

Good job, Dom.
1990 ZR-1 #444 Convertible
1990 ZR-1 Black #966
1991 ZR-1 Quazar Blue #296
1957 Duntov SS Project
Blue Flame Restorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #55
XfireZ51

Couple of side notes.

1. In the course of removing the black interior I cut the wire for my GPS sensor. Thought I could splice it but then I noticed there is an outer shielding with and inner insulated wire. Need to check on whether it can be spliced.

2. The 92 was the first year of ASR. Consequently the bin hatch behind the driver is bolted closed, while previous years there were 2 pull handles and locks.
The 92 only has one. I replaced the driver's side bin door with one from a 91 and will install a second lock. Then I can install the bin door pull for the bin on the driver's side. The carpeting for the hatch area already was cut for this otherwise it would have looked unfinished.

3. The halo trim will be painted cognac to match the rest of the interior. Was thinking of doing same for package tray trim in rear hatch area. My wife says she likes the contrast of the Cognac w the black however.

Last edited by XfireZ51; 12-05-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-05-2013   #56
Schrade

Lookin' real good there...

If the wife offers preferences, TAKE HEED. Happy wives are HARD to come by ...

Is the GPS wire co-ax? Or tri-axial? If co-axial, you can get compression fittings and a barrel connector, along with 'the tool', at the local DIY. Or catch the local telecom field tech in your neighborhood. Might offer to ante up his lunch...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #57
XfireZ51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
Lookin' real good there...

If the wife offers preferences, TAKE HEED. Happy wives are HARD to come by ...

Is the GPS wire co-ax? Or tri-axial? If co-axial, you can get compression fittings and a barrel connector, along with 'the tool', at the local DIY. Or catch the local telecom field tech in your neighborhood. Might offer to ante up his lunch...
Chuck,

Looks like a co-axial. Looks like about a 14ga wire.
Old 12-22-2013   #58
XfireZ51

Pretty much have front part done. Cluster and console are together. Also, took a slight detour Nd installed one of Marc's steering column pins to tighten things up which it did. Finishing up the hatch area is next. depends on weather. After the interior I'll be tackling the rear Z06 brake install. I'll put that in a different thread.

Last edited by XfireZ51; 12-22-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-23-2013   #59
LGAFF

You can paint carpet....midamerican sells the paint if you are interested in covering up the red stain under the seat
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013   #60
XfireZ51

Took advantage of the "mild" weather we've had over the last few days. 50F yesterday in Chicago. 30's today before the deep freeze comes back. I must have taken the console apart and put back together about 5 times because of getting the assembly sequence wrong. What a PITA. I don't recall my 84 being this much hassle when I replaced carpet and seats in it.
The steering column fix set me back a bit too. Accessing the knee bolster reinforcement bolts up tight against the console make pulling the console side carpeting a "must". Otherwise you'll spend more time trying to get at it, than doing the rest of the job. Then "chasing" the starts/dies thing had me dropping the column ONE MORE TIME! Marc's oversize pin really did help in tightening up the column slop.
Now I can actually lean on it and it doesn't budge. So the front end is together with the exception of seats(getting seat covers made) and seat belt buckle.
Hope to finish rear hatch today. Radio bezels and targa storage bezels are on.
Need to check on painting of halo trim. I am also going to have the seat back shells painted to match OR should I leave them contrasting?

Speaking of seat covers, I spent time removing the D/S cover so the upholsterer has a pattern for the new covers. Aside from the typical left bolster wear, the cover is in very good condition. I may sell it if I get it back in original condition.
I will be taking the passenger side off as well. That seat cover is in pretty much pristine condition. I'll be putting it up for sale shortly, FYI.