ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Northwest Region

Old 10-26-2009   #51
Jeffvette

Default Re: Caravan to the 20th Anniversary Gathering 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
OK guys, we got the trip there planned. What about on the way back home. 3 days or 4 for you guys in the far NW.

Currently at this time I will not be heading back with the group. Just a FYI.
Old 10-27-2009   #52
Hammer

Talking Re: Caravan to the 20th Anniversary Gathering 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffvette View Post
Currently at this time I will not be heading back with the group. Just a FYI.
What, can we borrow some of your spare parts then. Just kidding.
I am aware of that, you'll be missed.

Rick, Rob and Nick, what's your thoughts on the 3 or 4 days back? I'm thinking 4 for you guys.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #53
Nick

Quote:
What, can we borrow some of your spare parts then. Just kidding.
I am aware of that, you'll be missed.

Rick, Rob and Nick, what's your thoughts on the 3 or 4 days back? I'm thinking 4 for you guys.
I'll give you my thoughts, John. But, its not looking like I'll be able to make the road trip due to other time off plans in 2010. However, I will say, based on my 4,700 mile road trip in August, that anything over 800 miles in one day is a killer. I did 835 my first day on the way out to the midwest, and spent the next 700 mile day stopping every 100 miles for fatigue, etc. So, I'd plan on 4 days to return, and if you get wild hairs and want to do it in 3, well, you can decide that on the way.

Not to mention you guys will be in those squeaky, old, uncomfortable ZR-1's...
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009   #54
Hammer

I think you are right Nick.

Here's a tentative schedule for the return. It puts Rick home in 4 days, 600 miles a day, without killing anybody.

Sunday - BG to St Joseph, Mo 582 Miles
St Joseph to Laramie, WY 633 Miles
Laramie to Twin Falls, ID 567 Miles
Twin Falls to Tacoma, WA 645 Miles
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Old 11-02-2009   #55
MikeG

John, what am I the forgotten step-child? As much as I love the BG area, alas, I too must head home. I'd like to come along, after all, you might need some advice in changing an oil pressure switch
[FONT=Impact]91 Turquoise Mettalic #135[/FONT]
[FONT=Impact]1HOTZR1:cool: [/FONT]
MikeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009   #56
Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
John, what am I the forgotten step-child? As much as I love the BG area, alas, I too must head home. I'd like to come along, after all, you might need some advice in changing an oil pressure switch
No Mike, you're not forgotten. I was trying to plan the trip around the person being the furtherst (is that a word) away to be home in 4 days. I was pretty sure that was Rick Ford in Tacoma. Let me know if I'm wrong on that though.

I am really hoping the trip goes well for everyone and we don't need any expert advice.
Old 11-02-2009   #57
Hammer

One thing just brought to my attention was the need to know if anyone will be traveling with a companion. Wife, girlfreind, hooker, friend and so on. This will be important when we go to rent rooms at the various stopping points.

So just keep that in mind when we get closer. This is a big commitment in both time and money (a few grand maybe less) to attend this event.

Looks like there will be seven or so headed in that direction with four of us from the PNW. I will post this on the PNWZR1 and see if there are more planning on going that just haven't, or don't post on the Registry.
Old 11-03-2009   #58
1990 415

Quote:
One thing just brought to my attention was the need to know if anyone will be traveling with a companion. Wife, girlfreind, hooker, friend and so on. This will be important when we go to rent rooms at the various stopping points.

So just keep that in mind when we get closer. This is a big commitment in both time and money (a few grand maybe less) to attend this event.

Looks like there will be seven or so headed in that direction with four of us from the PNW. I will post this on the PNWZR1 and see if there are more planning on going that just haven't, or don't post on the Registry.
How many hookers are you bringing? Will you be keeping them all to yourself? This will probably just give Jeff more ideas.
1990 415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009   #59
Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 415 View Post
How many hookers are you bringing? Will you be keeping them all to yourself? This will probably just give Jeff more ideas.
LOL, it was Jeff's idea. He's still looking, might be intending on bring a couple for you and Dwight too.
Old 11-03-2009   #60
1990 415

Quote:
LOL, it was Jeff's idea. He's still looking, might be intending on bring a couple for you and Dwight too.
Sweet! Now that is true pacific northwest hospitality transplanted to Kentucky.
1990 415 is offline   Reply With Quote