ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 11-19-2006   #51
Hammer

Default Re: UNLUCKY?

Hey Bill,
Haven't seen any postings from you in awhile so guessing things are going good. You gonna port the Plenum and IH's. Post a pic when you are done. Red with black letters looked great on Ted's Z an the black chrome with red letters was pretty nice also.
John
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006   #52
Bill

Hi John

Thanks for thinking about me and the project. Things have basically been on hold since returning from Vegas. I sent the cam covers, injector housings, plenum and the claw of to Jeff for powder coating. When they arrived Jeff & Bob felt that I would benefit greatly from some P & P work on the plenum and injector housings. Lots of time required to do it right. Jeff seems to have quite a horde of parts that GM can’t find so a good resource to keep in mind. GM could not find me a head gasket, Jeff had them. Unfortunately Fedex bent the box and ruined the gasket. I’m waiting for another. Then I will be able to put the head back on then re-install and time the cams. Jeff is going to get the cam covers done and shipped so that I will be able start putting the engine compartment back together. By the time Bob works his magic on the injector housings and plenum and they coated it will be around the first of the year.
Well that’s it for the update stay tuned, more to come on this ”same bat channel”
Old 11-19-2006   #53
Hammer

No problem. I was just curious (as I mentioned) and especially after we talked outside and at the table at Calico Jack's. I read all these articles with great interest because I know someday I will be there too. Maybe not to the extent as you but I WILL be there. I think it is great that you are doing this yourself though, as there is always a mystery on these cars until you get your feet wet (hopefully).
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote