BigJohn

Default Re: I'm Boycotting NFL Games

You may not be but I am!
Old 09-27-2017   #52
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
well we can start with calling nazi's "very fine people, very fine", not telling david duke to **** off when he endorsed trump, his thinly veiled racism, his non veiled racism, his anti-lgbt stance, his complete lack of policy, I have more but Russ did a pretty damn good job.

You continue your spin.
Re-read your own original quote.
Your interpretation would mean there were "very fine Nazis" on both sides. Certainly not what was being said.
Now take a moment and go back and actually re-read the quote and it should become clear.
Don't let your dislike of him cause you to see what is not there.
Or, keep spinning, but know that it is spin.

As for the rest, if you believe that to be a pretty damn good job, you need to separate facts from noise.
Old 09-27-2017   #53
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
Questions for folks who are against Take a Knee:

Do you think the problem they are protesting is real?

Which problem?
Colin's support of Castro and the late Che Guevara, or the militants that he so reveres ?
Old 09-27-2017   #54
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
So Marty, the fat slob w an AR-15 strapped around his back walking into a WalMart to assert his 2nd Amendment rights is a patriot, NFL players on one knee demonstrating their 1st Amendment rights to free speech, they're SOBs.
And please don't give me any of this deference to the flag BS. Its not about a piece of cloth.

Excuse me.

Piece of cloth?

Ask John McCain about "that piece of cloth"

I and others have followed way too many caskets with that "piece of cloth" on them to ever think of it as a " piece of cloth"

THAT is the exact problem that I have with the knee thing.

Marty
Old 09-27-2017   #55
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1 View Post
You continue your spin.
Re-read your own original quote.
Your interpretation would mean there were "very fine Nazis" on both sides. Certainly not what was being said.
Now take a moment and go back and actually re-read the quote and it should become clear.
Don't let your dislike of him cause you to see what is not there.
Or, keep spinning, but know that it is spin.

As for the rest, if you believe that to be a pretty damn good job, you need to separate facts from noise.
"
Trump: I think there is blame on both sides. You look at both sides. I think there is blame object both on both sides. I have no doubt about it. You don't have doubt about it either. If you reported it accurately, you would say that the neo-Nazis started this thing. They showed up in Charlottesville. Excuse me. They didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis. You had some very bad people in that group. You also had some very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group"

Show me what I'm missing Marty, I'm willing to learn.
Old 09-27-2017   #56
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1 View Post
Which problem?
Colin's support of Castro and the late Che Guevara, or the militants that he so reveres ?
Talk about spin! Come on Marty you know that this has nothing to do with communism.
Old 09-27-2017   #57
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Quote:
"
Trump: I think there is blame on both sides. You look at both sides. I think there is blame object both on both sides. I have no doubt about it. You don't have doubt about it either. If you reported it accurately, you would say that the neo-Nazis started this thing. They showed up in Charlottesville. Excuse me. They didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis. You had some very bad people in that group. You also had some very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group"

Show me what I'm missing Marty, I'm willing to learn.

Kevin, you keep saying he called Nazis very fine people.
Please explain your reasoning because the quote does not say that.
The quote refers to Nazis as very bad people.
He then goes on with the highlighted sentence.

The facts are the facts:
1- there were BAD people on BOTH sides.
2- there were GOOD people on BOTH sides.

But nowhere does he call Nazis good.

Rubber cannot be twisted that much.
I know that is what some news folks tried to contort the statement into, but the facts are otherwise.

I am also willing to learn.
I actively watch multiple newscasts most each night.
I listen and later read the expanded versions of what was reported on, not just the sound bites.
It then let's me evaluate each spin direction of the various news sources.
I focus more on the most accurate journalists, regardless of network.
Some, are just beyond help, as are many newspapers.
They cannot refrain from their subjective stance, and they interject their
bias far too often, and at this point they do not even try to hide it.
That's not news, but rather should be on the editorial page.
We must all be careful to not confuse facts with spin.
Marty
Old 09-27-2017   #58
Performawheels

Quote:
Talk about spin! Come on Marty you know that this has nothing to do with communism.

Is it about the thug/criminal Michael Brown who attacked a police officer and was lawfully shot? The black lives matter movement seemed to take off after this event- complete with rioting, violence, and a complete disregard for the facts of the case.

Sent from my iPad using ZR-1 Net Registry
Old 09-27-2017   #59
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Quote:

So you may say.

I look at the person and listen to what they say and believe. That evidences where their allegiance lies.
It may explain why one would not pay respect to the country that he lives in or the flag and anthem that represent it.
Old 09-27-2017   #60
USAF Retired
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
Well, I'm sure you'll disagree with all of this, but ...

What he said about John Glenn and about the Gold Star families.

He gained political fame with the ridiculous birther issue.

He has a long history of cheating people, not paying his bills, suing people who can't afford lawyers like he can.

He said he'd drain the swamp but his cabinet is filled with people from Goldman Sachs.

He called the White House a dump.

He is benefiting financially from his presidency (leasing to government agencies and raising rent in Trump Towers (by 200-500%?)

He shared classified information with the Russians, and had a meeting with Russians with no american press (we heard about it through the Russian press).

His first words to his UN audience was about his property across the street.

He's a draft dodger.

He encourages violence.

He pardoned a criminal with a know history of ignoring laws and treating prisoners badly.

He's a misogynist (grabbing 'em by the *****).

He complained about Obama's golf and vacations, then did much more in the first two months of his presidency.

He hired is inexperienced son-in-law to create peace in the middle east, solving the opioid problem, be responsible for Mexican diplomacy (thanks, dad), reforming care for veterans, reforming the criminal justice system, and reinventing government to be run like a business (and Jared has a HORRIBLE record in business). I haven't heard any status reports on any of these. Maybe he's going to solve them all and announce them all at once.

He doesn't want to disrespect white supremacists, but has no problem putting other groups of people down.

He's in a dick-measuring fight with an unstable leader who's threatening to send his nuclear bombs to America.

Today he informed us all that Puerto Rico is an island in a big ocean. A very very big ocean.

He speaks at a sixth grade level. He reportedly never reads anything more than a paragraph. He doesn't bother discussing things with generals. Today he tweeted about an Iranian rocket launch that didn't happen.

he constantly lies and only cares about himself.

He doesn't understand why football players are taking a knee, and trying to make it about disrespecting America. I think a good leader would want to understand why people are protesting and maybe do something about it. He doesn't even acknowledge it.

He raised a huge amount of money for his inauguration (much more than Obama's), and it seems some of the money not spent has been spent on remodeling Pence's house.

He's promised to donate millions of dollars, then doesn't and was caught.

He's lied about not knowing about the proposed meeting with Russians about Hillary's emails.

He talked about Hillary's emails for two years, then didn't bother to tell his administration not to use personal email accounts for white house communications.

He has done nothing to try and bring a divided America together, instead, most of his actions are the opposite.

There's more. I'm tired of typing.
A question for you Russ: Have you ever served in the Armed Forces of the United States or any other country around the world? Are you, or have you ever had an occupation in Law Enforcement? Fireman? First Responder? Have you ever sacrificed your life for the good of others? For the good of a country?
Closed Thread