ZR-1 Net Registry Treasurer
A1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #42
ZRWON

Default Re: Ribs at JVD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1990 View Post
Yeah, what Keith said!!
I agree with Keith and Dennis. I know that in past JVD gatherings (both in SoCal & BG) there was a bowl where participants could throw in some cash but even then I suspect Jim always spent a bundle of his own money on the party.
I'm sure AutoMasters/JVD like the rest of the business world is feeling the pinch of the current economy.
Please this year let's make sure our contributions are generous and show JVD how much he's appreciated for all he's done for us and our hobby
Thanks for tolerating my jabberings,
ZRWON '90 #553 & BEAST2 '93 #211, an AutoMasters Street Skinner version of a BlackWidow LT5
[URL]http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_faq.htm#66[/URL]
NCRS#894
"It's not the car; it's the people"
...Doug Johnson 1953-2003
40 years VETTE history @ [URL="http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/"][COLOR=#555555]http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA"][COLOR=#333333]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA[/COLOR][/URL]
ZRWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #43
GrayZ

Bump.....Jim you take canadian dollars?? LOL
GrayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #44
vandornjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITLGO2 View Post
Bump.....Jim you take canadian dollars?? LOL

Pretty soon Canadian dollars will be worth more then US dollars....
[B]ZR-1 Registry Member #21[/B]
Pirate Racing
NCM Life Member #399
vandornjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #45
limey

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandornjim View Post
Pretty soon Canadian dollars will be worth more then US dollars....
It's 1 for 1 as of today

1 Canadian Dollar US Dollars 1.00 USD 1 Canadian Dollar = 1.00 US Dollars as of 4/6/2010
limey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010   #46
JThomas

Jim:

I sent my payment to you today, via PayPal. Make my RSVP for one. See you in a few weeks.
NCM Master Ambassador
NCM Lifetime Member
Former NCM Board Member
1991 ZR-1 Melon Copper Metallic/Black
1992 ZR-1 Bright Red/Black (Sold)
1995 ZR-1 Bright Aqua/Gray (Sold)
2012 ZR1 Super Sonic Blue / Dark Titanium
JThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #47
1989ZR1#74

Count me In.... Eric W Jackson. Payment sent.
1989 ZR-1 #04 Pilot, Advertising/PR Campbell-Ewald S9YKH1
1989 ZR-1 #58 LT5 only
1989 ZR-1 #74 Unreleased Production / PR Dept 9PR110
NCRS #3,182 SACC #2,420
Member Corvette Museum
Corvette Forum: "ewjxn"
2009, 2010 Gathering Attendee
1989ZR1#74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #48
Meanmyz

Count me in for 2 for ribs. It will be me and my dad.

Jeff Graff
Dave Graff

Contribution will be paypaled this coming week. Thanks
Meanmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #49
Jetjock

I will be coming from DFW way via Memphis if someone wants me to pick them up on the way.
Jetjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #50
vandornjim

HI to all! Some of you might you might have heard I broke my leg last Wednesday. The details are coming back to me now. I think the beagle had something to do with it, I think it was an assassination attempt. For sure. I want each of you to take just a minute and realize how fortunate you are to be able to breathe, walk, go tinkle, everything!!

Yes, it has become clear that the beagle laid one of her toys in my way and when I went to take my plate to the sink, I thought I stepped on her so I did and double full ganor with a twist, hitting my head on the way down, resulting in my left overs being sprayed all over the carpet. When I woke up, all I saw was this huge tongue licking up mashed potatoes, green beans and of course, the pork tenderloin. I will deal with her later....when I can catch her!!

OK< about the BBQ. Here's a list of those who I have on the contribution list. Please check your name to make sure it is accurate. We want to thank all of you who have sent in your contributions. Those with Astericks donated $50 or more!! Also, if you have a guest, please send us their names.

Bill & (Guest?) Strowbridge** , George Braml***, Robert Gillig*, David Kelly*, Dennis Fierstein*, Buzz (This is all I have for you) *, Jay & Loretta Goatcher, *, Thomas Del Guidice**, Keith Moudy*, Ron Richardson*, Ted Feder,*, Jim Voter*, Eric Chambers*, Peter Polatisidis, Frank Urbanati*, Francis Gilbride**, David Johnson, Kevin Mitchell**, Ramon Perramon*, Joseph Thomas**, Steve Horton*, John Powers**, Eric Jackson*, Richard & Susan Egelstad*

We also want all of you to know that contributions to the party are not mandatory but we will greatly appreciate your names via RSVP so we have enough of everything for everybody. Those not on our list come game day will have their choice of Kibbles & Bits and MilkBones.

So let me give you an update for some of what we have planned. We also have several BIG surprises for you but they will be unveiled at the party itself.

Cooking will begin Wednesday Morning. Smoked Boston Butts, Ribs, Briskets. This is REAL food not the usual catered in beans, slaw and chicken.
4:00PM Thursday- Doors open. Social Hours begin. Beer & Wine, BYOB, Soda and Mixers provided.
5:00PM Thursday- Videos begin (big screen) buffet dinner begins. Smoked Pork, BowTie Burgers, Ribs (Memphis style), grilled potatoes, Salad, etc.etc.etc.
6:30PM: Presentation begins, Guest Speakers, video, more presentations, 50-50 raffle, auction of table decorations, auto graphs, etc.etc.etc.

You don't want to miss this party. It will be memorable.
P.S. Some of you might have heard they are in the process of shutting down the MerCrusier plant in Stillwater OK where they built all of our engines. Of course this has c aused some severe economic setbacks for many of our LT5 Gang members. Because of your generous donations, along with a bit of beer money from the Beagle Cremation Fund, I have offered some gas money for a few of these folks. One of these fine folks is donating some of the table decorations (Cam Covers, plenums, etc).

P.S.S. Also, there will be members of our Assembly Plant Corvette Club volunteering for setup and take down duties so you guys can really enjoy yourselves. Did I forget anything yet? Oh, yes there will be Kareoke and Hib will be doing his Queen Latiffa version of "Islands in the sky"...
[B]ZR-1 Registry Member #21[/B]
Pirate Racing
NCM Life Member #399
vandornjim is offline   Reply With Quote