ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 05-02-2019   #41
billschroeder5842

Default Re: Insurance help/strategy needed please.... got tagged

***UPDATE***

When a man turns 50 it is recommended that you go for your annual "exam." Typically the gel is warm, the jokes are awkward, the procedure is quick and most importantly... PAINLESS.

Well..... not so in this case. Too much to write, but both companies are bouncing back and forth with who is doing what, subrogating this or that and/or who's paperwork to go from. Frankly is sound like a a bunch of sh*t designed to confuse, wear you down and make you accept what ever they offer.

I am a business owner and have a attorney on monthly retainer. I've been fortunate that I have not had any business issues this year so he "owes" me many hours. I'll probably just let him loose on this one.

So I stopped by the shop today and took a look at #1388. It is kind of like watching your child being operated on; you have confidence in the doctors, but it still is your kid and makes you squirm. The shop will need it for 2 more weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2491.jpg (128.7 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2494.jpg (157.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2493.jpg (93.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2498.jpg (86.2 KB, 57 views)

1991 Corvette ZR1 #1388
2015 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker

Last edited by billschroeder5842; 05-02-2019 at 08:19 PM.
billschroeder5842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019   #42
Ccmano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccmano View Post
Progressive cancelled my son’s fully paid insurance a month early and never notified him. He didn’t find out until the police stopped him a year later and cited him for a lapse in coverage that previous year. They impounded his plates and would not release them till the ticket and fine were paid. When Progressive was contacted they admitted the policy was fully paid and that they had cancelled coverage early but would not say why. He had no tickets, accidents or points on his record. The DMV stated they had seen other instances like this from Progressive and speculated that Progressive was cancelling policies when they learned the customer was switching companies. He was indeed changing companies at that time and had already procured a new policy elsewhere which was scheduled into effect when the progressive policy was scheduled to end. The matter has been appealed and accepted by the state insurance board who is currently investigating. I will never do business with Progressive again.
H
The Nevada State Insurance Commission found in favor of my son and against Progressive. All fines and penalties were dropped by the state. Again, I’ll never do business with Progressive again! Sorry Bill didn’t mean to hijack your thread.
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019   #43
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by billschroeder5842 View Post
***UPDATE***

Well..... not so in this case. Too much to write, but both companies are bouncing back and forth with who is doing what, subrogating this or that and/or who's paperwork to go from. Frankly is sound like a a bunch of sh*t designed to confuse, wear you down and make you accept what ever they offer.
Sadly that’s how the insurance industry works,if the consumer knows their rights and let’s it be known in the beginning the insurance companies will think twice before they start the games. Usually one mention on the Department of Insurance does the trick.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019   #44
billschroeder5842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
Sadly that’s how the insurance industry works,if the consumer knows their rights and let’s it be known in the beginning the insurance companies will think twice before they start the games. Usually one mention on the Department of Insurance does the trick.
**UPDATE**

How true Jeff's quote is. I am happy (relieved actually) that my company Allstate called this morning and has agreed to use my shop and pay 100% of the repairs.

After many conversations with many insurance people I finally got to the guy who could say "yes". As above, I spoke with him about process, my rights, specific repairs, the comparative quotes I had gotten. I had to gently demonstrate that I "knew my sh*t" and the conversation was very business like.

I think what turned it for the Allstate claims guru was when I said that I was prepared for a "non resolution," pay the repairs myself and just "turn it over."

I think the insurance companies just count on people not having knowledge or resources and are (unfortunately" placed in a situation to accept what ever the offer is.

Thank for the advise guys... it REALLY helped.

I am stopping by the shop at noon today for photos and progress check.

1991 Corvette ZR1 #1388

Old 05-10-2019   #45
rush91

Good deal sir!! Sometimes patience IS a virtue AND pays off! Looking forward to see the after pics...
rush91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019   #46
billschroeder5842

I visited the shop (MidCities Classics in Hurst Texas) and checked on the car.

According to the owner Jim, the frame pulled/straightened out perfectly and he showed me the process. The radiator, condenser and shroud are back in and the AC gets charged today. He was able to locate all new parts except the valence but said he has one on order and might have an NOS buried in the back of his shop.

Jim says that I'll most likely get it back in a week.

Guys.... I'm getting itchy. Patience is a such a PITA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2520.jpg (105.1 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2521.jpg (142.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2523.jpg (130.3 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2526.jpg (106.1 KB, 40 views)

1991 Corvette ZR1 #1388

Old 05-10-2019   #47
spork2367

Quote:
I visited the shop (MidCities Classics in Hurst Texas) and checked on the car.

According to the owner Jim, the frame pulled/straightened out perfectly and he showed me the process. The radiator, condenser and shroud are back in and the AC gets charged today. He was able to locate all new parts except the valence but said he has one on order and might have an NOS buried in the back of his shop.

Jim says that I'll most likely get it back in a week.

Guys.... I'm getting itchy. Patience is a such a PITA.
So he's using a fiberglass bumper cover?
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019   #48
EvanZR1

Good deal. Once you get it back, we need to have a DFW ZR-1 lunch meet.
SOLD - Steel Blue 91 391cid ZR-1 #391
SOLD - Black 91 ZR-1
EvanZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019   #49
Z51JEFF

Quote:

After many conversations with many insurance people I finally got to the guy who could say "yes". As above, I spoke with him about process, my rights, specific repairs, the comparative quotes I had gotten. I had to gently demonstrate that I "knew my sh*t" and the conversation was very business like.
That’s how the scam works and sadly the consumers don’t know they have rights. I’ve heard everything from used part to economy parts,it’s amazing what a simple mention of the State Department of Insurance can do.
Old 05-10-2019   #50
Z51JEFF

Quote:

That’s how the scam works and sadly the consumers don’t know they have rights. I’ve heard everything from used part to economy parts,it’s amazing what a simple mention of the State Department of Insurance can do. Good to see the car coming together.