ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-08-2015   #41
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Just Failed CA Smog. Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
I see on reason why you can't do a pre test. Getting the car to the testing facility is the problem. Use a trailer or get a temp pass from the DMV.
I will make time to check out the SMOG station that is walking distance from my house to see what is required (they tested my other 2 DDs). I believe to get the temp pass I will have to transfer ownership and all and don't think I can try a SMOG test with my Hawaii title/no reg.

I just realized that you are only 45 mins away. It seems there are at least a 1/2 dozen ZR-1s within the area now. You guys ever get together?
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015   #42
Okiedoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hib Halverson View Post
ECT as low as it can get after getting the cats really not
What is ECT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hib Halverson View Post
Sadly, this NOx problem is really tough for 90-92s which lack the EGR valve.
I had a thread a while back debating whether to keep the '91 or "upgrade" to a '93-'95. Looks like I should add this as a point to the upgrade side.
1991 ZR-1 #405 (white/black with blue pin stripes)
Okiedoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015   #43
Okiedoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
It seems there are at least a 1/2 dozen ZR-1s within the area now. You guys ever get together?
I didn't realize there are so many of us in the Bay Area now. Z51JEFF looked over my Z when I bought it, but not aware of any group get togethers. I'm certainly game though!
1991 ZR-1 #405 (white/black with blue pin stripes)
Okiedoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015   #44
Z51JEFF

Quote:
I will make time to check out the SMOG station that is walking distance from my house to see what is required (they tested my other 2 DDs). I believe to get the temp pass I will have to transfer ownership and all and don't think I can try a SMOG test with my Hawaii title/no reg.

I just realized that you are only 45 mins away. It seems there are at least a 1/2 dozen ZR-1s within the area now. You guys ever get together?
If you can get the car on a trailer and get it to Fremont I can talk to somebody about doing a pretest. As far as a get together,I stopped trying to get people together,they just aren't interested.At one point I thought it would be great to get some ZR-1s together at one of the summer Good Guys shows.

Last edited by Z51JEFF; 02-08-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015   #45
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiedoke View Post
I didn't realize there are so many of us in the Bay Area now. Z51JEFF looked over my Z when I bought it, but not aware of any group get togethers. I'm certainly game though!
I had no idea either and have been so busy since moving to pay attention. It's a thought and if nothing else meet at a Cars and Coffee at the Blackhawk Automotive Museum later this year. This past summer I saw 3 Zs there and could not find the owners.

Quote:
If you can get the car on a trailer and get it to Fremont I can talk to somebody about doing a pretest. As far as a get together,I stopped trying to get people together,they just aren't interested.
Okay, I'll see what I can find out when I get ready and thanks for your thoughts and offer. My bad memory and maybe we already had this conversation. Look at WAZOO with over a dozen guys that meet regularly and pull motors or whatever together. Great bunch over there and just met up with two of them in Wash, D.C.; came out of their way by Metro to meet up.

Old 02-08-2015   #46
Z51JEFF

Quote:
I had no idea either and have been so busy since moving to pay attention. It's a thought and if nothing else meet at a Cars and Coffee at the Blackhawk Automotive Museum later this year. This past summer I saw 3 Zs there and could not find the owners.

Okay, I'll see what I can find out when I get ready and thanks for your thoughts and offer. My bad memory and maybe we already had this conversation. Look at WAZOO with over a dozen guys that meet regularly and pull motors or whatever together. Great bunch over there and just met up with two of them in Wash, D.C.; came out of their way by Metro to meet up.
The white-red 91 was mine. I just talked to Cliff -Dynamite- a few days ago about getting some Zs together, he's about 150 miles from but said he would be interested in getting some people together. Ca has the most ZR-1s so we really need show the Boys from Illinois that we can play too!
Old 02-08-2015   #47
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
The white-red 91 was mine. I just talked to Cliff -Dynamite- a few days ago about getting some Zs together, he's about 150 miles from but said he would be interested in getting some people together. Ca has the most ZR-1s so we really need show the Boys from Illinois that we can play too!
Okay, I know Todd was there (Coupe89) too and there was a Black one with some heads in the hatch area, but parked on the far side parking lot.
I don't know if Steve Jasik frequents this site, but I know he is on the list server side and by you near San Jose. I don't know, the FBI and WAZOO have a tight group there. But no reason we can't have a NORCAL group. I am on the fence with putting down roots here and love it....so does the wife so that is half the battle.

Old 02-08-2015   #48
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Okay, I know Todd was there (Coupe89) too and there was a Black one with some heads in the hatch area, but parked on the far side parking lot.
I don't know if Steve Jasik frequents this site, but I know he is on the list server side and by you near San Jose. I don't know, the FBI and WAZOO have a tight group there. But no reason we can't have a NORCAL group. I am on the fence with putting down roots here and love it....so does the wife so that is half the battle.
To be honest with you I'd really be interested in seeing what your car would do on the smog test with the mods you have.
Old 02-09-2015   #49
Coupe89

The owners were too busy look at other people cars
1990 ZR-1 #642
Coupe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015   #50
Z51JEFF

Ive only seen 3 ZR-1s at this Cars and Coffee GTG.One was a red 90 or 91 a black 91 that the guy that owns it hasn't got a clue as to what hes up against when he needs help with the injectors,didn't really want to have a conversation and another black car that was leaving when I was.For those in the area this thing is a mind blower.Where else can you find an original Ford G.T.40 parked next to some rusty,clapped out Rat Rod?