ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-24-2005   #41
go_speed_go

No updates.
The car pretty much has a "we'll do what we can when there's spare time" status at it's current location. My dad upgraded his AAA membership to a much higher towing range which takes effect Saturday. If they don't have any progress this week, it'll probably go down to Conte's next week.
go_speed_go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #42
Scoob

Why Conte? Are they LT5 experts?
Scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #43
go_speed_go

They're Corvette experts. That's all they do.
More so, my dad trusts them 100%. He bought the car there 10 years ago. Knowing nobody else in the area good with a ZR1, he would bring it there (100 miles away) for most of it's periodic maintanence. During the maintenance visits, he's got to know Joe really well. They also have sources for decent used and reman parts, so we won't have to track things down the current dealer would not be willing to aquire on their own.
Old 08-24-2005   #44
ShawnZR-1

So, at the moment, you are getting a no crank condition? Has the starter been replaced? Once water gets into the "V" and soaks the starter, it's toast- period! Ask me how I know!

www.tld-corvette.com has brand new ACDelco starters in stock for $150 all day long if you need one. Actually, they have lots of standard LT5 parts in stock including ECM's.

1991 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1
ShawnZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #45
go_speed_go

Looking at the starter was the last update we got from the dealer last week.
I guess we were lucky it spun a few times before letting go.
They mentioned there was going to be several 'scheduled appointments' that had priority, so they'd continue with it when they could.
Old 08-24-2005   #46
Z Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_speed_go
More so, my dad trusts them 100%. He bought the car there 10 years ago. Knowing nobody else in the area good with a ZR1, he would bring it there (100 miles away) for most of it's periodic maintanence.
I think you are located in NJ, right? You may want to put in your general location via your Control Panel (User CP), so that other local ZR-1 owners can offer a hand or local advice if they know where you are located.

A friend of mine in NY said he knows of a place called the The Vette Doctors which work on ZR-1's. I know you said your dad is happy with the dealership, but it cant hurt to give them a call and see what they have to say if the dealership cant get it running.

The Vette Doctors
26 Elm Place
Amityville, NY 11701
631-841-0779

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005   #47
Scoob

Quote:
More so, my dad trusts them 100%. He bought the car there 10 years ago. Knowing nobody else in the area good with a ZR1, he would bring it there (100 miles away) for most of it's periodic maintanence. During the maintenance visits, he's got to know Joe really well. They also have sources for decent used and reman parts, so we won't have to track things down the current dealer would not be willing to aquire on their own.
Cool. I know about them from their sales site, I just didn't know about their LT5 service capabilities.

In fact they had on their lot a car that I lusted after for a long time, but the price just wasn't right.
Scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #48
Fort94z

Quote:
Looking at the starter was the last update we got from the dealer last week.
I guess we were lucky it spun a few times before letting go.
They mentioned there was going to be several 'scheduled appointments' that had priority, so they'd continue with it when they could.

I saw your car in the parking lot of the dealership today. It didn't look too bad considering what happened. I wish you the best of luck with the repairs.

If their unable to do the job for you, I highly recommend the Vette Doctors also. They did some work on my car. They know Zr-1's inside and out.
Fort94z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005   #49
go_speed_go

Thanks for the additional endorsement for the Vette Doctors. I'll give them a call about their rates and backlog of work.

For the most part, there's relatively light scratches in the hood from the bottom of the fence , a crack in the rearmost leftmost corner of the hood, and the bumper cover is a little out of joint. It was amazingly minimal in appearance. Hopefully if the motor is good, the suspension and underside won't be too bad off either. Rossi has had the car up in the air at least once to drain all the fluids, and they had no comments about anything underneath looking blatantly out of place.
Old 08-29-2005   #50
Patton

Default Smile, You're not dead

Quote:
I still can't close my eyes without seeing that fence. I have spoken to other drivers who've been through similar experiences and my state of trauma or shock is normal, but still very difficult. I can't sleep well, don't have an appetite, and can't relax for more than 30 minutes at a time before my pulse jumps and I start sweating, thinking about everything all over again. I'm very lucky as well to have an understanding boss who'll let my productivity slide for a bit.

Well I was discharged from the military several months ago, try every time you close your eyes you see a 10 year old boys face after 7 or 8 rounds of 5.56mm. That'll **** your productivity up somethin fierce.

Going through a fence and dukes of hazarding into the drink sounds like fun memories to me! Sure you messed your dads car up and that sucks but dont forget how lucky you are to wake up every day by an alarm clock and not a mortar round. Some people have to live that way and they didnt even sign up in any military, its just thier way of life. Im not trying to be an *******, just trying to help you cope... Nobody died, learn to laugh a little.
But seriously good luck with her and I hope you get it all worked out soon.