ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 08-21-2013   #41
5ABI VT

Default Re: About to start header install just wanted some input and had a few questions...

Yes that's my thread on CF So I'm guessing its normal that I have an early build 94 with a black tag? I was happy to see it was a black tag when I first got under the car but then got wondering if perhaps it was swapped or something.
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #42
5ABI VT

Default Re: About to start header install just wanted some input and had a few questions...

Got the pass off ... Forgot the egr tube.. How does the clamp come off the manifold?
Old 08-22-2013   #43
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ABI VT View Post
Got the pass off ... Forgot the egr tube.. How does the clamp come off the manifold?
No EGR on my 90' and 91'
I have no clue what clamp you are looking at.....must be something on 94 that is not on 91'

For a minute when you said "pass" I thought you said something else
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #44
5ABI VT

Pic inc
Old 08-22-2013   #45
5ABI VT

Old 08-22-2013   #46
mike100

jam a screwdriver in there and wedge it apart. There's actually a tool to re-clamp those.. similar to what they sell to re-clamp CV boots.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #47
5ABI VT

Well I'm a little stumped been busy all day getting the wheels and tires assembled and mounted. And the pass manifold is off just stuck by the egr tube. Have to figure out how to get that off tomorrow.

Is there an egr valve? I'd like to remove the egr tubing And piping but don't want any codes popping up. If it won't pop a code ill get a gasket made for the plenum and bolt it up and ill get the header welded shut.
Old 08-22-2013   #48
mike100

You also can remove those brackets that look like the hold the motor mount...they don't...you'll see.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #49
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ABI VT View Post
If it won't pop a code ill get a gasket made for the plenum and bolt it up and ill get the header welded shut.
I had an EGR port in my SW Headers for the 91' because I forgot to tell SW to eliminate it. I just took a bolt about that size and ground the tip a bit so it was slightly tapered and pounded it in to the SW EGR port as a press fit...works perfectly.

Last edited by Dynomite; 08-22-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013   #50
Jitse

My sw headers where delivered with the egr tube too, I closed that hole with an m10 stainless bolt, using a good tap for it, to make thread inside.
Jitse is offline   Reply With Quote