ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Old 09-10-2010   #41
1990 415

Default Re: NW region ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DSZR1 View Post
Consider the question politely asked:

Did the exec board members that were at Carlisle get paid incentive monies from the Registry?

Thank you
Rick
Excellent question. I suspect the vast majority of this registry would really like to know the answer to that question. I sure do.
1990 415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010   #42
rkreigh

let me state a few facts

a little over a year ago we voted to approve up to 300 per event, maximum of 600 annually per year to help board members offset their costs to attend and help work the events. this isn't a violation of the bylaws, as it's like many other operating expenses

for carlisle we haven't paid out anything (ZERO)

so if you all feel that is totally unreasonble, let me know, and I'll motion that we don't continue that practice but understand the impact, it might make the difference in how many are able to show up and help put on the events

what was happening is that very few of the board members could afford to attend and help work the events, and we wanted to make sure there was enough support at each event in lieu of having 1 or 2 people to do all the work.

for carlilse, we were able to attract vendors to contribute products and run raffles that made the club money that more the offset the burgers, sodas, and water we served. so the event turned a profit. pretty cool.

what is disturbing, is that there is a perception that the board is arrogant and needs an "attitude" adjustment. it's a shame folks are judged without even meeting them. I wished I could afford to attend the PNW event but with carlisle, bg and sgc which as well as many east coast events, I only have so much leave time and dollars to devote

trust me, I've spend way more supporting the club than the whopping 600 I've gotten reimbursed over the past years.

but if you all feel that's an unreasonable decision, just say so, and I'll motion we stop. we vote on any expenditures and are happy to revisit this issue.

rather than feeding the rumour mill and stating a bunch of false info, just ask. I'm happy to get and give feedback to let everyone know what's going on

and I always welcome and solicit feeback on how to approve.

in summary

and if you want to make the club better, run for office, and help support it

you get out of it what you put into it.

I've put into it alot, but can't even come close to the investment of time and dollars that mom and others have

I'll get off my soap box now

Last edited by rkreigh; 09-10-2010 at 08:09 PM.
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010   #43
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Simply put, in my opinion, if the Bylaws are so loosely construed as to include Board members' attendance at "official" events, then perhaps they can be so loosely construed as to reimburse the PNW group for an event at less than half the cost of one Board member meeting. Simple as that.
I have to say... Initially you seemed fairly sincere, though a bit abrasive, in your surprise that your event was not reimbursed. But the more you post, the more petty and contrived your argument seems to be.

Initially you felt you had been promised reimbursement, at least that is the argument you put forth. Jerry has addressed that, and you seem to have dropped that argument. Now your approach is that the Registry already spends money "loosely", so they may as well pay you off too.

That is not a strong argument, my man. Stirring up the pot doesn't lend a lot of credibility to your plea.

Myself and a few others have already stated we would help offset your costs to put this thing to rest. If your goal is also to put this to rest, vs to stir up some ****, please post or PM an address or paypal email account or something, and let's get it done.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010   #44
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
I have to say... Initially you seemed fairly sincere, though a bit abrasive, in your surprise that your event was not reimbursed. But the more you post, the more petty and contrived your argument seems to be.
"Fairly sincere?" I'm totally sincere. "Contrived?" What, do you think I sit around and think this stuff up for a living?

Quote:
Initially you felt you had been promised reimbursement, at least that is the argument you put forth. Jerry has addressed that, and you seem to have dropped that argument. Now your approach is that the Registry already spends money "loosely", so they may as well pay you off too.
That argument stands.

Quote:
That is not a strong argument, my man. Stirring up the pot doesn't lend a lot of credibility to your plea.
I could care less about credibility at this point. I only care about what is fair.

Quote:
Myself and a few others have already stated we would help offset your costs to put this thing to rest. If your goal is also to put this to rest, vs to stir up some ****, please post or PM an address or paypal email account or something, and let's get it done.
Indeed, Bob, the goal is to put this thing to rest, and I appreciate your most generous offer, as well as that of others. I'll not take anyone else's money, though. Its your fight only to the extent that you have a vested interest in Registry business and expenditures, and that doesn't mean you should put money out of pocket for our event. You've already done that through your annual dues. The issue belongs to me and the others in the PNW who strive to put on the only West Coast event "sponsored" by the Registry. Formerly sponsored, that is.
Thanks, Bob.
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010   #45
4DSZR1

Thanks for the clarification on the pay for the board members. You asked if we have an issue with the policy to let you know. My question should this be public debate be done in a more organized fashion? Maybe a dedicated sticky for a period of time to gauge the members? Is this something the membership could or should vote on in? Or maybe not. Thanks again for sharing the facts!

Rick
4DSZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010   #46
phrogs

What is unfortunate is that regardless of rumors and hearsay from the outside looking in it seems to me the guys in the PNW have been punished because Jeff was going to be a part of the event.

Its like no one else has ever made a mistakes.

can we get past this?

Currently own

90 ZR-1 #845 DRM 500 engine package

90 #226 Parts car Hit me up if you need anything.

Last edited by phrogs; 09-12-2010 at 12:33 AM. Reason: spelling
phrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010   #47
xlr8nflorida

I'm not going get in the debate between the board or the NW region. At first blush though, it seems like there are a lack of forms/procedures/checklists in place for these events which would make it crystal clear upfront whether the event was or was not supported by the registry. I know if it were my $, I would not hold the event until I had it in writing by a registry board member saying that my event was approved and I would be reimbursed. I'm not privy to all the emails or phone conversations so I'll stay out of the blame game.

A paypal account should be posted for the person in the NW who fronted all the costs. It seems to me that all the people who attended the event should be more then generous and pay their share for attending the event. If you had 16 people contribute $50 it would be a done deal. If I was the event coordinator and the 'peeps' who attended didn't come through, then it would be the last time I ever planned an event. Other members can also contribute if they so feel like doing to the fund.

Most of the problems on this board, relate to communication or lack thereof. When people stand up and say something, the general consensus is "run for office" or let's see you do a better job or that the people making the negative comments are just malcontents.

There have been many real concerns over the last year or two regarding the financial statements. The general consensus was its only $30,000. Well low and behold there was an issue and many concerned members, posts were often deleted and nobody heard anything from the board except it was taken care of. Now I could care less because I've known Jeff for awhile and he has always been good to me and quite frankly my $40 in dues is nothing. However because of the way it was handled, I think it festered and has stuck around like dirty laundry. I don't know the full details but I thought he used a credit card for personal expenses without asking for approval first. If that was the case, the board could have just said "Jeff charged $200 worth of gas, he has resigned his position and has repaid the $200." That would have made the situation end with no further discussion. Instead its still being discussed today. Why?

Members want to see what is going on. This all can be done through Google calendars, facebook, etc. Meeting minutes should be posted etc. Board Members should post regularly and at a minimum, have to post a "Sticky" on the first of each month.
If this was all done, you would start to see other members step up.

The Grandsport Registry donated $10,000 to the museum this year and they only have 1,000 cars, we have almost 7,000. Hutch does a great job on the GS Registry board and in Florida with his Corvette club as well. How does he do it?

Outstanding leadership and hard work.

Do we want the ZR-1 registry to be average or do we want it to kick ***?

I'd like it to kick ***, if that meant $150 per year dues and possibly even some paid board positions, I am ok with that as long as this registry continues to grow and get better and better and I feel I'm getting my $ worth.

Groups like Wazoo, members helping one another, members doing group purchases, more participation from the membership. Electronic email, social media to get more memberships. What are the benefits of a Registry Member vs say someone who just joins the forum??

Last edited by xlr8nflorida; 09-12-2010 at 12:07 AM.
xlr8nflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #48
DaveK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8nflorida View Post
I don't know the full details
That to me is exactly why it keeps festering - the details have never been made clear to members, it was all handled behind the scenes. What little we found out came out in a confusion of dribs and drabs that left as much unanswered as it answered.

As for the rest of this saga, there's a lot I could say but I won't so as not to add to the whining going on.
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #49
ZRWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I don't know how long this has been done. My sense is that it hasn't been done but for the last year or two. Its not in the Bylaws, per se. It is deemed an "incentive" to serve. Perhaps as an "exception" to the Bylaws.
Someone else should ask. I'm out of favor.
Wrong Nick as demonstrated, there can be NO EXCEPTIONS to the bylaws
ZRWON '90 #553 & BEAST2 '93 #211, an AutoMasters Street Skinner version of a BlackWidow LT5
[URL]http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_faq.htm#66[/URL]
NCRS#894
"It's not the car; it's the people"
...Doug Johnson 1953-2003
40 years VETTE history @ [URL="http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/"][COLOR=#555555]http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA"][COLOR=#333333]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA[/COLOR][/URL]
ZRWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #50
ZRWON

Quote:
Wow man, you sure can sling some ****!

Lastly:

Please do not use this phrase again. I am a registry member, and I am telling you now so you will know in the future, you do not speak for me. Please use a phrase like "Some of us Registry members" or "Me, as a registry member", because now you know there is at least one member you don't represent. Thanks.
Like it or not I meant every word I said in my post...\, But I agree with you regarding my sentence, "We the Registry members are not your minions"
I should have said, We the Registry members, except for Aurora40, are not your minions
ZRWON '90 #553 & BEAST2 '93 #211, an AutoMasters Street Skinner version of a BlackWidow LT5
[URL]http://www.zr1netregistry.com/ZR1_faq.htm#66[/URL]
NCRS#894
"It's not the car; it's the people"
...Doug Johnson 1953-2003
40 years VETTE history @ [URL="http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/"][COLOR=#555555]http://home.comcast.net/~bbstrow/[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA"][COLOR=#333333]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21dz80uGaA[/COLOR][/URL]
ZRWON is offline   Reply With Quote