ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 04-27-2015   #41
BigJohn

Default Re: Looking to Buy ZR1

Looks good with the new paint and body panels.
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015   #42
We Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4Ray View Post
Fellas:

This blue Z is still for sale so I am seriously looking at bidding. What would you bid? What is it worth in your opinion? Any feedback, the good, bad and or ugly appreciated. I might even bid sight unseen as I'm working and not near the homestead. THX.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Co...m=111654513425
Looks like a nice car....But why was the front repainted? also right front corner hood to bumper does not look to fit right.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015   #43
BigJohn

Gill panels are 94 and 95!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015   #44
C4Ray
Banned
BANNED

Ok
C4Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015   #45
SteveCanyon

I had someone do an inspection on the blue 91 at the Mercedes place. The dash lights are on their way out (fuel gauge, etc). It also appears the dash had been pulled apart as well. He did say the paint looked very nice though. Pretty good delamination of the windshield too. He said it was a nice car but for $20.9K (dealer will not budge one penny, but will waive the $600 dealer fee if bought on ebay) but not for that kind of money. Still unknown about the injectors if they had ever been replaced, he did not get to drive it. Weatherstripping in the trunk area came up with the hatch when opened. Lots of little things, but the deal breaker for me was most likely having to pull the dash out and send it off. He did say they were going to put new tires on it (not sure which brand). Also, the front fender on the right does not line up quite right. Also, I think there was a 12-13 year gap of no entries on the Carfax, which makes me a bit nervous.

Last edited by SteveCanyon; 04-27-2015 at 11:25 AM.
SteveCanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015   #46
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Fellas:

This blue Z is still for sale so I am seriously looking at bidding. What would you bid? What is it worth in your opinion? Any feedback, the good, bad and or ugly appreciated. I might even bid sight unseen as I'm working and not near the homestead. THX.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Co...m=111654513425
I like the color and low mileage, but these cars really need to be seen in person by someone that knows these cars. Even then you can't see everything, but some issues can turn into high cost. Did you run a CARFAX to get some idea of history on this car? I recommend not rushing or getting set on one car as there will be others. Usually good dealership won't take junk it and this appears to be a high end dealer. See if a ZR-1 owner in the area can check it out for you if possible or definitely use the Registry checklist at the minimum with so many unique things to look for with our cars. I would try to call Russ Kerr (salesperson) and get a feel for what the reserve is. Do a lot of research to compare with others for sale even if you have to ship. I like buying local too so I understand. There are a lot of bargains out there for ZR-1s right now so don't rush as the right one will come along. So difficult to determine what to pay without looking at it and driving it.
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015   #47
SteveCanyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
I like the color and low mileage, but these cars really need to be seen in person by someone that knows these cars. Even then you can't see everything, but some issues can turn into high cost. Did you run a CARFAX to get some idea of history on this car? I recommend not rushing or getting set on one car as there will be others. Usually good dealership won't take junk it and this appears to be a high end dealer. See if a ZR-1 owner in the area can check it out for you if possible or definitely use the Registry checklist at the minimum with so many unique things to look for with our cars. I would try to call Russ Kerr (salesperson) and get a feel for what the reserve is. Do a lot of research to compare with others for sale even if you have to ship. I like buying local too so I understand. There are a lot of bargains out there for ZR-1s right now so don't rush as the right one will come along. So difficult to determine what to pay without looking at it and driving it.
Just posted above you, had the car inspected yesterday by a knowledgeable Z guy. The reserve price is what they are asking on their website, $20.9K.
SteveCanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015   #48
HAWAIIZR-1

Good looking out Steve and I agree with your assessment of the issues and price! An uninformed person might give them what they are asking since it looks nice.
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015   #49
C4Ray
Banned
BANNED

Thanks Steve and everyone. I don't like the dash light problem. Gonna walk. Have a great night and thanks again.
C4Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015   #50
rmendoza

Quote:
Thanks Steve and everyone. I don't like the dash light problem. Gonna walk. Have a great night and thanks again.
I know you're looking for a newer ZR-1 but I have a 1990 with 18,700 #0827. It's red on red and bone stock except for a chip that was recently installed. I got it last year from CA out of a collection with 17,335 miles on it. I drive it to car shows and parades and keep it polished. Only work I've had done was the oil change when I first got it and have put about 1400 miles on it.

Given the suggestions from others I hesitate to offer mine. It was in a collection for 8 yrs so it is in very good shape. It had the original tires on it which were like new but not safe so I replaced them with Nitto 555 tires. The only problem just happened recently and is my cd player won't eject the cd and the lite over the COMB button is lit. It's like the cd is stuck and the radio or cassette player won't play. I am going to have that fixed eventually.

Anyway as long as I have it, it will be a driver but it just has low miles now. Prices are rising on nice low mileage Zs so I'm looking for about $29K, which included some posters and memorabilia i.e. signed extra plenum by Dave Mclellan Corvette Chief Engineer. All that I have on my garage wall, plus I have the original window sticker and the pizza box, and The Heart of the Beast book written about the LT5 development and a car show storyboard..........all the stuff that looks great at a car show. Don't know where you are but I'm in Colorado Springs CO.
Red on Red C4 Corvette ZR-1 #0827
Cell: 310-561-5653
:salute:
rmendoza is offline   Reply With Quote