ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 11-13-2015   #41
Tripler

Default Re: ZR1 To Purchase Perhaps

[QUOTE=Mystic ZR-1;234657]How much were they asking for the POS in Montreal? $C/$US[/QUOTE

Its still on Autotrader ... What a joke ...

http://m.autotrader.ca/a/5_24672424
Tripler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015   #42
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripler View Post
Looked at the 95 today and other than a few rock chips in the paint , it looks great and everything else seems to work . Just one thing . As instructed from this forum that before starting the car you should wait to see if the vacumm system shuts down after a little bit . This car had a steady tick,,,tick,,,tick noise to it before starting from were I was sitting inside the cockpit but the noise was coming up front in the engine department . Is that the vacumm leak sound you guys are talking about as I never started a ZR-1 before ... Engine started right away and ran very smooth . All fluids have been changed and maintained . All buttons and switiches work .

The car is immaculate inside . The plenum has a little bit of staining and a little bit of paint blister near the air entrance at the front of the plenum were a lot o you guys add the ZR-1 logo . Weather was iffy so no test drive but we are heading back on Sunday for a quick boot up the road .

A test drive is a good idea but if it looks good, most everything seems to work, mileage isn't too high and it is within your budget I'd say go for it. It certainly seems better than the one in Montreal. The vacuum pump that runs on if there is a vacuum leak is located in the right front of the engine compartment in front of the wheel well and below the headlight. A vacuum leak is not a big deal even if you have to pull the plenum to fix it. Lots of help on this forum for that. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015   #43
Riviera

As the other half of the purchase team with Tripler, I need to add that I had been communicating with the seller for well over a month before we travelled to Montreal to view the car. This was no last minute decision and therefore caught the seller off guard. I was beyond appalled with what we saw. The other odd thing was that every single mechanic at the dealership stopped working and watched us look at the car. It was a very strange situation
Riviera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015   #44
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riviera View Post
As the other half of the purchase team with Tripler, I need to add that I had been communicating with the seller for well over a month before we travelled to Montreal to view the car. This was no last minute decision and therefore caught the seller off guard. I was beyond appalled with what we saw. The other odd thing was that every single mechanic at the dealership stopped working and watched us look at the car. It was a very strange situation
Good thing you didn't bite on it. Sounds like the mechanics were familiar with the seller moving questionable cars. The best thing is to get one with a known ownership history and impeccable service history, preferably by one of our ZR-1 experts like Marc Haibeck, Aaron Scott, Corey Henderson, Brett Henderson, etc. In the long run it will save you lots of money and future headaches.--Bob
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold a long time ago
NCM Lifetime Member

Last edited by WARP TEN; 11-14-2015 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-14-2015   #45
Tripler

Thanks for those awesome responses warp ... Wish we had the cash for your car . Shame you are selling it ... Your motor looks wicked .

Tripler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015   #46
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripler View Post
Thanks for those awesome responses warp ... Wish we had the cash for your car . Shame you are selling it ... Your motor looks wicked .

Bob has that "It's for sale"...but I really don't want to sell it price. Can't blame him a bit tho. I know that car - even raced him once (and lost!). You can look at it this way: Cry ONCE (at first), and be happy forever! Or, get a "good" deal and spend the difference getting it 'right'. (Shameless plug for Bob).

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015   #47
George Maz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARP TEN View Post
The best thing is to get one with a known ownership history and impeccable service history, preferably by one of our ZR-1 experts like Marc Haibeck, Aaron Scott, Corey Henderson, Brett Henderson, etc. In the long run it will save you lots of money and future headaches.--Bob
Best Advice.
All the work on my recently purchased ZR-1 was done by Aaron Scott. From 2002 (stock) thru 2015 (fidanza), and all the expensive mods between that time... all done by Aaron Scott at South Georgia Corvette.
I'm so impressed with the quality of workmanship, I'd bring the car down to him again for any future big modifications. Also worth mentioning, the previous owner of this car took exceptionally loving care of it. I enjoyed an A+ buying experience with Don Jarrett of Tallahassee.
1990 ZR-1 #1587
1990 ZR-1 #1727
George Maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015   #48
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
Bob has that "It's for sale"...but I really don't want to sell it price. Can't blame him a bit tho. I know that car - even raced him once (and lost!). You can look at it this way: Cry ONCE (at first), and be happy forever! Or, get a "good" deal and spend the difference getting it 'right'. (Shameless plug for Bob).
Well Paul is sort of right. It appears to have been for sale at an "I don't want to sell it price" but that was inadvertent. While I did get to enjoy it for another summer, it was priced based on data from auctions and other sources that I thought were realistic. Perhaps I was just not marketing to the right audiences (like auction crowds). But I do really need to sell it so the asking price was lowered and as I have noted in a number of places, I am open to offers. I had a couple of offers early in the marketing process late last winter and spring that I would certainly seriously consider again. There are quite a few 95s out there at lower prices that may be attractive to potential buyers, but mine has that extra 100 Haibeck horsepower, low miles, great condition and is much less likely to have the myriad potential issues that a less well tended car might have. So we'll see when I more actively promote it early next year. Would love to have it go to a Registry member if possible. --Bob
--Sold a long time ago
NCM Lifetime Member