ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 10-06-2009   #31
HAWAIIZR-1

Default Re: Does anyone have first hand knowledge about Eagle connecting rods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo-1 View Post
New Carrillo's are pricey, but used sets are always going through ebay cheap. Buy 2 sets if needed, x-rayed and good to go. You should be able to do it all for under $700. for a set $2500 rods.
Sounds great, but I don't know about used. Like you said if checked out by a good shop, not a bad idea and option to consider. Thanks!
Old 10-06-2009   #32
tpepmeie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo-1 View Post
New Carrillo's are pricey, but used sets are always going through ebay cheap. Buy 2 sets if needed, x-rayed and good to go. You should be able to do it all for under $700. for a set $2500 rods.
Be real careful with the used cup stuff on ebay. Most all of those are a) piston guided...too narrow, and b) small diameter pins w/ no bushing. I wouldn't know how to make the narrow rods work on an LT5, maybe Flyin Ryan would know.

Todd
tpepmeie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009   #33
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpepmeie View Post
Be real careful with the used cup stuff on ebay. Most all of those are a) piston guided...too narrow, and b) small diameter pins w/ no bushing. I wouldn't know how to make the narrow rods work on an LT5, maybe Flyin Ryan would know.

Todd
I hear you and that would be my worry unless coming from some reputable machine shop/builder with some type of guarantee.
Old 10-07-2009   #34
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpepmeie View Post

Todd
Get a crank made for them, unfortunatly . Only way I know of to solve the Big End to 'narrow' scenario . Small end with no bushing is edgy for a street deal, Casidium coated wristpins would be mandatory...pretty sure those small ends would/should have pressure feeds up through the beam, I know that's how I order my Alum. rods these days, more so for the high vacuum enviroment mind you, but steel pins with no bronze bushing on the street...that's where the dice rolling starts.

BTW...I agree, Todd's got some very nice part's to work with .