ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-10-2009   #31
CorvZ061

Default Re: My ZR-1, my story...

Well if it would help motivate you, I would be more than happy to drive mine over there for a weekend, it isn't in the greatest shape, though.
CorvZ061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009   #32
FLT4PWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvZ061 View Post
Well if it would help motivate you, I would be more than happy to drive mine over there for a weekend, it isn't in the greatest shape, though.

heck yeah, come on over..I'll get some other corvette guys over too...I'll even see if Aaron from SGC wants to come up...we'll have a mini corvette reunion.

I'll be in Seattle all week next week, but I'll PM you when I get back...so, we can get something put together.

FLT4PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #33
ZR1Vette

Welcome guy... glad you made the decision to keep the beast... funny how little things become important after someone dies...my father passed earlier than he should have and afterwards was going thru some old pictures and came upon several of he and I and a brand new 1963 Buick Riviera...that was his car and I did not really appreciate it as much as I should have at the time. Funny...on two occassions he slightly dinged the nose in exactly the same spot (hitting something in the garage)... so when I go to car shows where Rivieras are shown I always look for that spot for a repaired ding...just to capture memories. You have an entire car to keep those memories.

[I][SIZE="2"]1990 RED on RED #566[/SIZE][/I]
[I][SIZE="2"]WAZOO MEMBER[/I][/SIZE]
ZR1Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #34
WB9MCW

Sorry about the loss of your Subbie I know it was your P&J.

Glad to hear the Z made it through.

Brighter sky ahead for you and the family we will hope for you all.
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009   #35
FLT4PWR

Hey guys,
Work has been really busy lately, so sorry for not posting up some info as far as the Z goes. The wife has given me permission to take over the garage for the summer, so the car is on rollers and right in the middle of the garage. Hopefully I'll have time to post pics soon.
Now, I just have to figure out where to start. I think I have paint lined up. My dad happened to be very good friends with one of the premier painters in the country, and he has agreed to paint the car for me when I get to that point charging me only for materials.

But, I need to get a plan of action. I welcome any visits to look over the car and help me decide what to do. I plan on talking with Aaron again to see if I can lure him up here for an afternoon.

FLT4PWR is offline   Reply With Quote