Let's open a section and see 13 17.81%
Let's wait and see 7 9.59%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2008   #31
djpatrick35

Default Re: 09 ZR1 as part of ZR-1 Net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
We can all get along just fine,as long as they stay on there side of the street and i'll stay on my side

Like i said in my previous post love the new Z ,but they can get their own site.i will also add i love all vettes but if i wanna read about a 1967 corvette i will go elsewhere not in a ZR-1 Forum.
The ZR-1Net and the LT5Registry has gone thru h3ll and back to get it to where it is today.

I pay/support it so it doesn't become a corporate run forum like CF.
Once the C6's come in then the C5's, C7's so on.

I notice all the newby members want this

Pete
Sorry to be a newbie, but I just bought my ZR-1 after years of lusting after it and I just want some more opinions and more stuff to talk about. I can understand wanting stuff about the C4 ZR-1 because our cars are rare and unique. Hell, that was the main reason why I migrated here from the CF. But I think that one thing that works about the dastardly CF is the ability to compartmentalize, so why can't we here?

One part C6 Z for them and the rest for us C4 guys. If we all pay (which I'm going to do once I finally go home to get my car's VIN) then the moderators won't have to go corporate. With more paying members, they will have even less of a reason to go corporate.

Also, I don't think a slippery slope argument applies here. Just three Corvettes have ever carried the ZR-1/ZR1 moniker - super rare C3s, our C4s and now C6s. At 2,000 made per year for three model years, the C6s will be just as rare as us. And there are no other Corvettes that carry three characters: Z R 1. No C5s, no C2s, no C1s apply because those cars don't have Z R 1.

-Dan
[B]1990 Black ZR-1 #2212[/B] Totaled... :(
[B]2007 Z51 'vert :mrgreen:[/B]
[B]1988 35th Ann. Edition #962[/B] (Sold...) :cry:
djpatrick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #32
Pete

Dan nothing personal but the guy that started the thread is also a newby.
Dom, if your bored play with the balls i gave you.

The reason i pay is to keep it a ZR-1 forum.

Otherwise we should do a member only section the paying members get a password to the forum.

I would be willing to pay a little more for this and it would keep crap like this out.

If it's more members we want make a Mitsu. EVO section i know a bunch of them we'll get lots of members then.
W.a.C.O.S.

What a crappy phuking thread i got myself into.
Done.
Pete
'91 #1635 PoloGreen 350 LT5
11.09 @ 129.27
11.04 @ 128.86
474RWHP 400RWTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNFOhGGlR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRIOMwaDYY
https://sites.google.com/site/peteszr1garage

Last edited by Pete; 01-04-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #33
XfireZ51

Quote:
Dan nothing personal but the guy that started the thread is also a newby.
Dom, if your bored play with the balls i gave you.

The reason i pay is to keep it a ZR-1 forum.

Otherwise we should do a member only section the paying members get a password to the forum.

I would be willing to pay a little more for this and it would keep crap like this out.

If it's more members we want make a Mitsu. EVO section i know a bunch of them we'll get lots of members then.
W.a.C.O.S.

What a crappy phuking thread i got myself into.
Done.
Pete
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #34
Jason 91

I would like to open this up to the new ZR1, but someone made a point that they may not want to join us. For this reason, I voted open a section and wait and see.

I still wonder how many current ZR-1 owners will by the new ZR1.

Thanks,

Jason
Old 01-04-2008   #35
HIZNHRZ

I say welcome them into the NetRegistry, welcome them into any and all of our Forums, and set them up with their own if they so desire.

I think what we have in common is GM, Chevrolet, Corvette, and ZR1. We share exclusivity and heritage as the former and reigning KOTH. Because of our common interests, exclusivity and heritage I'm interested in what they have, what they say, and what they think; I believe they will feel the same way.

I could be wrong yet see no down side in finding out. Why not make the offer? I believe we should continue to discuss and debate the topic until everyone believes they have been heard. I trust when a decision is made, any decision by any means, we will stand together.

Flame away...
HIZNHRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #36
HADI-ZR1

Quote:

Pete
heyyy Z factor,
Zr-1 Registry Stock-raising . WOOOOW
Old 01-05-2008   #37
WB9MCW

My luv affair is with the LT5 and I vote NO!

I would rather see a section for rides with a LT5 in them than have the new ZR1 owners here.

I think a lot of flame wars would result and it would be bad for the forum overall.

With special ZR-1 sections in

CF -- CAC -- DC -- Crossed Flags -- EES -- CV

and maybe even some I missed we have enough just trying to get all the ZR-1folks to be here at the "REAL" home of the KOTH.

Sometimes being small and exclusive has its advantage. I like the fact that we are a small tight knit group here.

Even if we did it I bet they would want their own exclusive forum to hang out at and our section for them would attract just a few and not really be a big hit!

We have always only been about the KOTH and even if a new king is in town I do not really think it will go well. I would sure hate to see existing members get pissed off about it and have us loose the precious ground we have worked so hard to achieve up to this point.

We get other vette owners here all the time now --- So if a 09 ZR1 guy wants to sign up and hop in that is great he will learn all about the ZR-1 and our luv affair with the LT5 and be that much the wiser!

I say we welcome them with open arms just as we do any Corvette owner now but I am very much against the "special area" for them on our forum.

Next thing you know every "special model" vette will want the same and now we have become one of the 'GENERAL' Corvette forums out to please all.

Nuff Said ---
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008   #38
Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB9MCW
My luv affair is with the LT5 and I vote NO!

I would rather see a section for rides with a LT5 in them than have the new ZR1 owners here.

I think a lot of flame wars would result and it would be bad for the forum overall.

With special ZR-1 sections in

CF -- CAC -- DC -- Crossed Flags -- EES -- CV

and maybe even some I missed we have enough just trying to get all the ZR-1folks to be here at the "REAL" home of the KOTH.

Sometimes being small and exclusive has its advantage. I like the fact that we are a small tight knit group here.

Even if we did it I bet they would want their own exclusive forum to hang out at and our section for them would attract just a few and not really be a big hit!

We have always only been about the KOTH and even if a new king is in town I do not really think it will go well. I would sure hate to see existing members get pissed off about it and have us loose the precious ground we have worked so hard to achieve up to this point.

We get other vette owners here all the time now --- So if a 09 ZR1 guy wants to sign up and hop in that is great he will learn all about the ZR-1 and our luv affair with the LT5 and be that much the wiser!

I say we welcome them with open arms just as we do any Corvette owner now but I am very much against the "special area" for them on our forum.

Next thing you know every "special model" vette will want the same and now we have become one of the 'GENERAL' Corvette forums out to please all.

Nuff Said ---

This is what i meant to say

Well said Bryan.
Hope the Holidays were good for you.
Pete
'91 #1635 PoloGreen 350 LT5
11.09 @ 129.27
11.04 @ 128.86
474RWHP 400RWTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNFOhGGlR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRIOMwaDYY
https://sites.google.com/site/peteszr1garage
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008   #39
rkreigh

I've thought about this alot and I vote no too for the following reasons

1. logistics, we don't want the added hassle of doing up two sets of shirts, badges, ect.

2. the "new ZR1" as many have mentioned doesn't have the LT5 and is a completely different platform, the c6. the focus of this club is on the c4 ZR-1 the true KOTH and the proud "father" of modern day GM supercars

3. debates between which is better is something I don't want to get in the middle of.

that being said, down the road I WOULD like everyone to consider inviting them to the gathering at BG. that would get the numbers up at the drags and make the event more interesting IMHO. but then again, that is a separate issue and poll.

thanks for doing this and the feedback.
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008   #40
gbrtng

As I suggested on the listserv, NO for now. Let's see what they want to do after the no-dash has been around the block for a few years. I'm with Ron.