ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Old 09-09-2010   #31
Nick

Default Re: NW region ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 415 View Post
Great points Nick. Until the current Board is cleaned out and replaced the vendetta against Jeff will continue to fester.
What are you referring to when you ask "If you volunteer, and are paid, are you still a volunteer?" ?
I was referring to the fact that Board members get paid to attend events.
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010   #32
4DSZR1

Paid how? Expenses? Airfare to an event?

Rick
4DSZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010   #33
1990 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DSZR1 View Post

Rick
Indeed, how? Has this been done since the founding of the registry? How much are they paid? Is this in the by-laws?
1990 415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010   #34
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DSZR1 View Post

Rick
Check for $300 each, paid out of the Registry piggy bank. Max of $600 per year. That's what I have learned.
Old 09-10-2010   #35
Nick

Quote:
Indeed, how? Has this been done since the founding of the registry? How much are they paid? Is this in the by-laws?
I don't know how long this has been done. My sense is that it hasn't been done but for the last year or two. Its not in the Bylaws, per se. It is deemed an "incentive" to serve. Perhaps as an "exception" to the Bylaws.
Someone else should ask. I'm out of favor.
Old 09-10-2010   #36
1990 415

Does this mean that for Carlisle 2 weeks ago, the 6 board members that went to that show were paid a total of $1800.00 from the Registry's piggy bank? That would make Carlisle quite an expensive gathering for the Registry to fund wouldn't it?
1990 415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010   #37
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRWON View Post
I was wondering last night if ZR-1 members in other regions were reading this embarrassing petty crap going on between those in NW region and those mighty ones of power in our Executive branch who demand strict adherence to every detail of the rule book even tho some of us don't know them.
I also wondered if we in NW Region were being punished because Jeff Flint was involved in what some feel was our stupid mistake... even if it was caused by Jeff. He paid for his mistakes...NOW, get rid of the "punish bad Jeff" crap and get on with productive things.
From some of the executive's comments I've been reading you'd get the impression they were comanding officers or heads of large corporations; not leaders of a social organization.
We the Registry members are not your minions
I''ve seen too many Corvette clubs go down the tubes because political factions destroyed them. PLEASE, NOT HERE
Is all this petty bickering with things like... he said, or I said or rule 31 said, or it was not a formal event, published to all members, or will he attend. etc, going to be the demise of what we all wanted when we first started this group?
I wasn't invited to the outlawed gathering at Jeff's house...maybe because I never attended one in the past and he/they knew I wouldn't attend this one...who gives a sh3t. It's not a failure of any importance.

It's time we have an attitude adjustment by OUR all powerful executives.
Examine why we exist and what you as leaders should be doing to help the group vs. exerting your authority and tearing us apart.

Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy

Let's resolve to forget yesterday and move on as a group of friends helping one another.

If you don't want to be a team member/player then move on to another sport.

PLEASE, Enuff is Enuff

Wow man, you sure can sling some ****!

You accuse the board of a vendetta. You suggest the power of their (mighty?) positions has gone straight to their head. You call the NW gathering "outlawed" as if the Registry is attempting to strictly control every time two or more ZR-1's are parked in the same place.

Then you have the gall to say "Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy". Really? A lesson on tact after you make several slanderous accusations and present exactly zero facts?

Since you seem to have an even stronger, louder, and ruder opinion than Nick does (and he at least has some skin in the game), can you please quantify your opinion? (I'd ask you to present some facts to back up your opinion, but it seems fairly clear you haven't any)

As far as I can tell, you didn't go to the NW event, and know nothing about the planning of it, conversations between planners and the board, or even what happened at the event. How much money was spent per registry member at it? Do you know that?

Were you involved in the Jeff thing? You seem to think there's some resentment, etc. Were you there, do you have an insight into any of the discussions to see if there was something brewing? It seems pretty clear to me that if the majority of the board had it in for the guy, he'd be facing criminal charges instead of just being asked to step down. That is, if he was even asked, maybe he volunteered? Since you have such a strong opinion, I assume you can tell us how it all went down.

How many of the board members have you met? Can you tell me of some times when you talked with one or more of them, and they exhibited an attitude of superiority, or of authority over you as a minion?

Please, please quantify this opinion you have. Or else please, please stop posting it over and over.

Lastly:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRWON View Post
We the Registry members
Please do not use this phrase again. I am a registry member, and I am telling you now so you will know in the future, you do not speak for me. Please use a phrase like "Some of us Registry members" or "Me, as a registry member", because now you know there is at least one member you don't represent. Thanks.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010   #38
Nick

Quote:
Does this mean that for Carlisle 2 weeks ago, the 6 board members that went to that show were paid a total of $1800.00 from the Registry's piggy bank? That would make Carlisle quite an expensive gathering for the Registry to fund wouldn't it?
That's how the math works out, yes. Again, someone should ask.
Simply put, in my opinion, if the Bylaws are so loosely construed as to include Board members' attendance at "official" events, then perhaps they can be so loosely construed as to reimburse the PNW group for an event at less than half the cost of one Board member meeting. Simple as that.
Old 09-10-2010   #39
RICKYRJ1

Hey everybody!ZR-1 Brother!
RICKYRJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010   #40
4DSZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I don't know how long this has been done. My sense is that it hasn't been done but for the last year or two. Its not in the Bylaws, per se. It is deemed an "incentive" to serve. Perhaps as an "exception" to the Bylaws.
Someone else should ask. I'm out of favor.
Consider the question politely asked:

Did the exec board members that were at Carlisle get paid incentive monies from the Registry?

Thank you
Rick
4DSZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote