ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 02-13-2016   #31
Hib Halverson

Default Re: Bogging after Coasting

Sure. Call me at work sometime at 805-685-6864.

As for the injector, get in touch with Jerry and see if the injectors he sold you flow the same as stock.

Just curious...what is a "Banski" suspension?
current owner 19 VIN 1878
Hib Halverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016   #32
Dmod81

Thanks. Will do.

They are from Banski Motorsports: anodized aluminum rear trailing arms, toe rods, and camber rods, all with heim jointed ends.
Old 05-06-2019   #33
Ccmano

An old thread I know. I’m curious, was this issue ever resolved and if so what was the cause and solution?
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019   #34
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Yeah...WHAT HANS SAID!!! (Inquiring minds want to know...)

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019   #35
32valvZ

That used to be my car... I sold it to him. I never heard from him again... Car was in really nice shape when it left my garage.. I think he sold it or traded it in. I was searching for it one day and saw it on a private lot someplace... Lost track of it since.
[B]1990 #2815[/B]
[COLOR="Red"][B]Red/Red[/B][/COLOR]
Ported Plenum & IH (by Pete)
Haibeck Chip
Rebuilt FPR (by Phil)
FIC Injectors
Watson LT Headers
3" Stainless Works exhaust
Lingenfelter Open Air Lid
Bill B Built Transmission
Shifter & C Beam Plates

[FONT=Impact][COLOR=red]1992 [COLOR=black]#[/COLOR] 091[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Impact][COLOR=#ff0000]Red/[COLOR=silver]Gray[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
[B]SOLD[/B]
32valvZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019   #36
Ccmano

Interesting, he still shows as a member, which means he must have re-upped recently.
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
Old 05-06-2019   #37
32valvZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccmano View Post
Interesting, he still shows as a member, which means he must have re-upped recently.
H
Hmmm.. I wonder whats up... nice kid for sure. I had hoped to hear from him again at some point... kind of gave up when I saw it on the site where it was for sale...I know it was the same car because of the wheels and the suspension parts were pictured.... and VIN #

I bought the car from a guy in Tennessee name Perry... cant recall his last name right now.... I put the Samco hoses, SW headers, B&B exhaust and genuine Chrome A Molds I bought from a forum member on it and new injectors and coils, and a reseal of the top end when I had it. Jeff Flint got me all the parts I needed at the time... I really liked him allot as well... I dont know where he is currently. Cool guy though.
[B]1990 #2815[/B]
[COLOR="Red"][B]Red/Red[/B][/COLOR]
Ported Plenum & IH (by Pete)
Haibeck Chip
Rebuilt FPR (by Phil)
FIC Injectors
Watson LT Headers
3" Stainless Works exhaust
Lingenfelter Open Air Lid
Bill B Built Transmission
Shifter & C Beam Plates

[FONT=Impact][COLOR=red]1992 [COLOR=black]#[/COLOR] 091[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Impact][COLOR=#ff0000]Red/[COLOR=silver]Gray[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
[B]SOLD[/B]

Last edited by 32valvZ; 05-06-2019 at 12:53 PM.
32valvZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019   #38
Ccmano

I still get the bogging after coasting and stalling when coming to a stop occasionally. Although the car ran good, it was more pronounced on my 1000k mile trip to LA. last week at lower evaluations and higher temps. After I returned I replaced the injectors and coils, this was previously planned, and I’m now finding this condition a bit more often here as well. In doing some research I found this interesting piece from an old 2014 post by Bob, Warp_Ten with a reply from Mark Haibeck. I thought Marks reply was interesting. I’m going to doing more datalogging here shortly. Keeping in mind bogging and stalling could be two separate issues.

“Craig, I ran into the same problem on my 95 about a month or two after Marc Haibeck did his 510 package for me. I remember him attaching his computer to the OBD port and making a physical adjustment near the throttle in the front of the engine but did not recall precisely what he did. So I asked him and he responded with the following; hope this helps:

Hi Bob,

The adjustment that we made is the, "idle air flow". Basically the air flow through the throttle body at closed throttle needs to match the table that the calibration chip uses to control the IAC servo motor. Engine's with stock cams can use the OE table values. The OE IAC count at idle with a hot engine is 10 IAC servo steps. On your engine the IAC count was 30 at idle. That's because my larger 63 mm throttle body is tighter and leaks less air than the OE throttle body. There is another concern, that the IAC count could go to zero. Then the idle speed would go too high. I initially left the IAC at 30 because running out of counts is a more common problem than die out if the IAC count is not perfect. After your engine exhibited the die out problem. I adjusted the primary throttle plate stop screw to open the throttle until the IAC count on the scanner was 10.

An engine with big cams might idle at 850 rpm. Because of the additional air flow requirement, the IAC count is typically 50. In that case the table in the calibration chip needs to be adjusted to what the engine wants, that is 50.

When I figured this out ten years ago I probably spent 20 hours analyzing data to understand it. At first one might think that the problem is related to fueling or spark advance. I spent most of the time determining that I was barking up the wrong tree.

Regards, Marc
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
Old 05-07-2019   #39
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccmano View Post
I still get the bogging after coasting and stalling when coming to a stop occasionally. Although the car ran good, it was more pronounced on my 1000k mile trip to LA. last week at lower evaluations and higher temps. After I returned I replaced the injectors and coils, this was previously planned, and I’m now finding this condition a bit more often here as well. In doing some research I found this interesting piece from an old 2014 post by Bob, Warp_Ten with a reply from Mark Haibeck. I thought Marks reply was interesting. I’m going to doing more datalogging here shortly. Keeping in mind bogging and stalling could be two separate issues.

“Craig, I ran into the same problem on my 95 about a month or two after Marc Haibeck did his 510 package for me. I remember him attaching his computer to the OBD port and making a physical adjustment near the throttle in the front of the engine but did not recall precisely what he did. So I asked him and he responded with the following; hope this helps:

Hi Bob,

The adjustment that we made is the, "idle air flow". Basically the air flow through the throttle body at closed throttle needs to match the table that the calibration chip uses to control the IAC servo motor. Engine's with stock cams can use the OE table values. The OE IAC count at idle with a hot engine is 10 IAC servo steps. On your engine the IAC count was 30 at idle. That's because my larger 63 mm throttle body is tighter and leaks less air than the OE throttle body. There is another concern, that the IAC count could go to zero. Then the idle speed would go too high. I initially left the IAC at 30 because running out of counts is a more common problem than die out if the IAC count is not perfect. After your engine exhibited the die out problem. I adjusted the primary throttle plate stop screw to open the throttle until the IAC count on the scanner was 10.

An engine with big cams might idle at 850 rpm. Because of the additional air flow requirement, the IAC count is typically 50. In that case the table in the calibration chip needs to be adjusted to what the engine wants, that is 50.

When I figured this out ten years ago I probably spent 20 hours analyzing data to understand it. At first one might think that the problem is related to fueling or spark advance. I spent most of the time determining that I was barking up the wrong tree.

Regards, Marc
Yeah Marc is always good for excellent advice and explanations. As noted, I had the problem after the 510 package was done and he fixed it right up when I stopped over for lunch one day.--Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019   #40
Ccmano

I’m going to be giving this method a try today or tomorrow. After I installed the Injectors and coils last week the IAC count was at 29. After resetting the IAC motor I got it down to 16. I can’t imagine it’s that critical but Mark certainly knows a heck of a lot more than I do.
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold