ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 05-25-2014   #31
Schrade

Default Re: testing the ALCL. poor cold start running

Cool.

All I noticed was 23# holding pressure @ idle (static FP test is primed FP only, motor off).
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014   #32
-=Jeff=-

That is on my list.. Along with auto down windows
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014   #33
Karl

Well my car still runs bad.

It worked fine for two trips. After changing the fuel pumps and strainers I assumed (yeah I know) all was good and did not check the fuel pressure.

Car started right up and no cold start issues. Went downtown and ran a few errands, sat in traffic, and had no problem passing on the expressway.

I let the car sit for a few hours and the symptoms came right back. Maybe they never went away.

New fuel pumps, strainers, and filters.

Here are 4 videos I made.

* Ignition on, no start.
* Ignition off after no start
* Start up
* Shut off

http://feed1.tinypic.com/rss.php?ua=...0gbgs0BA%3D%3D

I am lost. Only thing I can think off is the fuel pressure regulator or maybe the ECM due to this thread with the same similar start up issues.

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread....=fuel+pressure

I see no leaks anywhere and all the lines are nice and tight.

Thanks for the help.
1993 ZR-1 #211 Yellow On Beige Beast #2
1992 ZR-1 #427 Black On Black *Sold*
1985 L98 Blue On Blue *Sold*
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014   #34
XfireZ51

MAP sensor hose? Pop off? Has oil?
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014   #35
Schrade

Alright - maybe let's do static pressure test, and leakdown time.

Plug in FP guage, turn on key to prime rails. If it's not @ 43+ PSI, turn the key off and on again.

If you don't get it then, GENTLY pinch the fuel return line, and prime the rails again (this will NOT yet rule out the FPR), but will tell a line leak, or leaking injector, or (not likely), a bad pump check valve.

Post back on that...

And cold starts and running like bats from Hades means NOTHING. (and do bats actually 'run'??? maybe they do, to V1, then roll flaps and go for V2?)
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 05-26-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-26-2014   #36
Karl

Where can I pinch the fuel return line?

Only place I can think of is the return line to the tank in the rear.

Also I will check the map sensor.
Old 05-26-2014   #37
Schrade

Pinch at the P side line at the back of the motor on top at the passenger side. Follow the rail crossover to determine which is feed and which is return. The one coming from the FPR is return.

Some more snappics here.

Start with a light pinch - you don't want to damage the line.

edit:
Front one is return line. Pinch THAT one.

Last edited by Schrade; 05-26-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-26-2014   #38
Karl

I am pretty sure I just found the problem and will have it fixed in the morning. Will report in the morning. Thanks again!
Old 05-27-2014   #39
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
I am pretty sure I just found the problem and will have it fixed in the morning. Will report in the morning. Thanks again!
What was it there Karl?

You know what they say about minds that enquire, and the yen for knowledge...

Old 05-27-2014   #40
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
What was it there Karl?

You know what they say about minds that enquire, and the yen for knowledge...
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote