ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 06-11-2014   #31
Hog

Default Re: 63mm TB

Info on DAG.
Throttleblade Sealer DAG

$15.00
This is the VERY hard to find sealer that GM used "back in the day." I am told there was a Service Bulletin that addressed complaints about rough idle on the tripower cars. The bulletin described how to apply the sealer and directed the mechanic to the parts counter for a small vile of sealer, a small paint brush, and directions. DAG213 does an excellent job,. but will not help badly pitted throttleblades, or badly pitted bores. I use this product on all the end carb throttlebodies I restore. I have seen some criticize this product. Hmmm. Can't understand that. You want a good idle, you need to have the end carb throttleblades sealed the best you can. I still find it on some of the end carbs I restore. I have heard some criticize this product, saying that comes off with carb cleaner. Might be so. But, why would you spray carb cleaner down an end carb, anyway? So, if you use the sealer, don't use carb cleaner. It is hard to find for several reasons...1) Suppiers sell it in large quantities..like a gallon for over 500. 2) It has a 24 month shelf life from time of manufacture. Here is the deal...if you buy the DVD I sell on the page..it includes instructions for application. Shows a video of me, applying the sealer, in fact. AND if you buy a set of rebuild kits....I will give you the DAG 213 sealer. But, you will need to remind me of this... there is a place for notes to me when you are checking out. If you miss this...send me a short e-mail. Again, to be clear, buy the DVD and the carbs kits and the DAG213 is included at no charge. Otherwise, it is 15.00. There will be enough to seal several sets of throttleblades. Know, though, that the sealer will not last long in the small tube I send you. So, I suggest using it within 30 days. I would recommend keeping it in the freezer for a longer life.

SKU: 57-66TSDAG-146

from this link
http://www.pontiactripower.com/shop/...ade-sealer-dag

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014   #32
XfireZ51

Default Re: 63mm TB

The LT-5 has a progressive throttle with the small tb being used for idle and quite a bit of cruise. The IAC motor has its own opening to allow more air into the plenum. It does not move any throttle blade. Earlier Computer Controlled Carb setups would manipulate the throttle blades.
For any tuning, its critical to have all sensors properly operating and for mechanical adjustments to be within correct operating range.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote