ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 08-17-2019   #31
mmkkpro

Default Re: Installing fuel injectors

Check it out guys, just put my new rebuild IC in and she lights up like a Christmas tree!! 78,416 miles on her, probably won't start her today but tomorrow for sure. 👍👍🏁
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190817_172446.jpg (96.4 KB, 33 views)
mmkkpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019   #32
Ccmano

Very cool, enjoy! Take your time. K&N is popular. Normal filter is paper, the difference should be obvious. Yes normal on the oil filter, they are designed to hold oil and have an anti drain back valve built in. You don’t want the engine dry waiting for the filter to fill on startup. Look it much discussion on that topic.
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.

Last edited by Ccmano; 08-17-2019 at 06:08 PM.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019   #33
Z51JEFF

I’ve found the BOSCH 3401 is the best for retaining oil for startup. As far as draining the oil cooler,for a first time owner not knowing what’s in the system or system contamination I can see draining the system but no need otherwise.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019   #34
mmkkpro

Nobody had a bosh 3401 or k&n so I bought a Napa gold suppose to have anti drain back valve but after it sits fo a couple hours it has a rattle for about 3 seconds on start up. I ordered 2 bosh 3401s be here Tuesday. Thanks guys, she is running and sounds good, I have a 45, and 56 codes.
Old 08-19-2019   #35
32valvZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkkpro View Post
Nobody had a bosh 3401 or k&n so I bought a Napa gold suppose to have anti drain back valve but after it sits fo a couple hours it has a rattle for about 3 seconds on start up. I ordered 2 bosh 3401s be here Tuesday. Thanks guys, she is running and sounds good, I have a 45, and 56 codes.
Napa gold is a good filter.... the 3 second chain rattle is fairly normal after sitting and will probably still be there with the Bosch filter as well... Ive tried every filter between the 92 and my 90 ZR-1s and have always had a 3 to 4 second chain rattle after sitting..... one engine had 45k miles on it and my current one has 33k on it, it the noise is always there after sitting.
[B]1990 #2815[/B]
[COLOR="Red"][B]Red/Red[/B][/COLOR]
Ported Plenum & IH (by Pete)
Haibeck Chip
Rebuilt FPR (by Phil)
FIC Injectors
Watson LT Headers
3" Stainless Works exhaust
Lingenfelter Open Air Lid
Bill B Built Transmission
Shifter & C Beam Plates

[FONT=Impact][COLOR=red]1992 [COLOR=black]#[/COLOR] 091[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Impact][COLOR=#ff0000]Red/[COLOR=silver]Gray[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
[B]SOLD[/B]
32valvZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019   #36
mmkkpro

32valvZ, OK, has anyone ever thought about a pre oiler plumbed into the system? Or maybe oil filter relocation system? Just thinking out loud, since I got her running and she sounds good I can concentrate on tuning and detailing. I was surprised the plugs had such a strong blue spark, I need to install the brake master cylinder and check out the rest of the brake system. I was worried about getting enough coolant in her too, but it seems to have went pretty well. It had/has a lot of marvel mystery oil in the cylinders and exhaust still burning it off/out, idling is not enough, I need to drive her around the block a few times to get her good and hot. I appreciate all your guys help through this process. Also need an alternator, the AC works that surprised mee too. I'm a happy camper.!! 😀