ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-01-2013   #311
Schrade

Default Re: TOP END REFINISHING

Key ON, pulled IAC, cranked it, and it went to 3k rpm.
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #312
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
Schrade, did you clean the slimy stuff out of the throttle body,around the plates, nice and clean now?
Throttle bores are spotless. Butterflies let no light through when the TB was re-assembled.
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Old 12-01-2013   #313
efnfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
Throttle bores are spotless. Butterflies let no light through when the TB was re-assembled.
??? Guys? I'm no expert, but they told me not to clean the DAG out of there?
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #314
A26B

Quote:
Key ON, pulled IAC, cranked it, and it went to 3k rpm.
Don't pull the IAC valve, only the electrical connector to the IAC valve. With the IAC valve removed, you have opened a large bypass around the throttle body.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #315
Schrade

Quote:
??? Guys? I'm no expert, but they told me not to clean the DAG out of there?
The shiny sealing film is intact - I saw that posted many pages ago.

(I had a feeling that's what you were getting at there Steve )

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
Don't pull the IAC valve, only the electrical connector to the IAC valve. With the IAC valve removed, you have opened a large bypass around the throttle body.
I should have said that I pulled the IAC CONNECTOR...

Last edited by Schrade; 12-01-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-01-2013   #316
efnfast

OK, seems like that would be an easy mistake to make. I thought about rereading the whole thread, figured it must have already been mentioned, but it's a loooong thread.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #317
Schrade

Quote:
OK, seems like that would be an easy mistake to make. I thought about rereading the whole thread, figured it must have already been mentioned, but it's a loooong thread.
I can't afford to not go back - too much good stuff I miss if I don't....

I cannot get an Allen head in that Min Adj stud either... I did get a 5/16" on the nut, and got it backing out ATM.

Old 12-01-2013   #318
Schrade

Put a phone book over the TB extension - a hiss started, then got LOUD...

Old 12-01-2013   #319
Schrade

Found it. Right [near] the FPR vacuum connection to the plenum.

(turned out to be the plenum-to-PCV cap connector. It had a zip tie, and I hadn't replaced it)

Can't hear it too well in the vid; I tried to get the hose near the mike in the cam, but when I held the hose to my ear, it almost pulled out my brain cells. All 2 of 'em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw0mfEs8bLk

So now, it's still idling with a 150rpm swing, 775 - 925... An IRREGULAR lope.

Last edited by Schrade; 12-01-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 12-01-2013   #320
XfireZ51

Quote:
Found it. Right [near] the FPR vacuum connection to the plenum.

(turned out to be the plenum-to-PCV cap connector. It had a zip tie, and I hadn't replaced it)

Can't hear it too well in the vid; I tried to get the hose near the mike in the cam, but when I held the hose to my ear, it almost pulled out my brain cells. All 2 of 'em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw0mfEs8bLk

So now, it's still idling with a 150rpm swing, 775 - 925...
Ok. Is IAC disconnected? If not, what does DM tell you for IAC counts and what is TPS V at idle? If it's not .57v > TPS > .53v, then adjust TPS with motor OFF.
START motor, then let it idle down. What happens? Still surging? Also, if you unplugged IAC, you should have done an IAC reset after plugging it back in.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote