ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 11-21-2013   #21
Racinfan83

Default Re: 95 Seats in a 90?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAZR1 View Post
What's the going rate for a pair of those seats?
All over the map. I looked on about every Vette salvage place I could find online - nothing. New covers - which have the foam attached as that's how the factory did it, but without the seat frames - are super high at all the Vette parts places (like in the $1200-1400 range) Only decent used ones I could find were on E-Bay. There are some in there that are just shells or junk that would have to be recovered for $399 and up. There was one set they wanted $900 for that had holes and ripped seams. I bid on a set of the standard seats with only 4k miles on them - they went for $656 + 55 shipping. Don't know how high the buyer woulda went - I went to $646 and they got sniped out from under me at the last second (literally)
I got these from the same vendor/salvage yard - fparts. $655 total. They have 65k on them but they are really nice shape with no damage anywhere. I e-mailed them about getting a harness and switch panel - haven't heard back yet.... No hurry on that though - just bolted in they will be better then what I have..
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014   #22
Racinfan83

UPDATE: and I need more help..
I tackled this yesterday. I don't think I have the necessary stuff to do this - but I figured I would ask. For now I'm just bolting the 95 seats in without wiring.
The first two pics are what I got from a salvage yard when I asked for the switch panel and wiring harness:

This is a pic of the driver side seat I'm putting in - I can't find a plug that fits here??

And these two are of the passenger seat I'm installing. There is a loose hose with a white end on it - and I can't find anything that fits in that white female plug either:

I think I'm missing stuff. What would I ask for?
And how do you get the old harness out of the console? I took every darn screw out of the whole thing and I still am unable to lift the switch panel out more then 1/2". Considering the new panel has white lettering and no ride control switch - I would probably mount it in the console well anyway - but where would I get power from and not mess up the ride control switch on the old panel?
Anyone know what else I need? I put the 95 seats in it and going out to finish up putting the console back together in a bit. I know about the write up - and I PM'ed him as well and he didn't know..
So any help or pics would be appreciated..
I do know that after taking the inside of the car apart I am sore, p.off, and it isn't something I wanna do again for a while. So we got time....
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 03-15-2014   #23
-=Jeff=-

You need the sport seat wiring harness for a 94-95. That will have all the crossover harnessing to use with your seats and power controls. It will complete the install. The sport seat harness will have a 2 write connector that is different then your car but otherwise it is plug and play. It will be best to remove the seats and consoles sides for install
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014   #24
Racinfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
You need the sport seat wiring harness for a 94-95. That will have all the crossover harnessing to use with your seats and power controls. It will complete the install. The sport seat harness will have a 2 write connector that is different then your car but otherwise it is plug and play. It will be best to remove the seats and consoles sides for install
Cool. Thats what I thought. Had the whole thing apart so I know how to do it. Just not sure my body will be ready to do it again for awhile. Hurtin for certain today.... On my knees leaning over in there is not good fer me..
Old 03-16-2014   #25
Bearly Flying

If anyone has some seats they are looking to sell, drop me a line. I am considering installing C4 seats in my 75 C3, the 90-93 with the switches in the seat would be the easiest. Black preferred.
05 FJR 1300 Yamaha (Long Distance, Sport Touring)
And a whole whack of RC Planes
Bearly Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014   #26
Racinfan83

Check out fparts on E-Bay...
Old 03-17-2014   #27
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinfan83 View Post
Check out fparts on E-Bay...
That's where I got my Black fabric '94 seats for $458. Hate leather. Set A/C on snow, and still the leather cooks your hindquarters...

Great deal, but after a year+, P side seat tranny is iffy...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #28
edram454

I love my 1990 seats. they really hold me in and it feels more like a sports car that a extra wide non supporting seat. as far as my wife, I dont care if she likes them or not. this car is my car. she can ride if she wants or not if she doesnt. she is easy going so she doesnt mind anything I do. this hobby has always been a personal hobby for me. it is what I like or to hell with it. thank God my wife is fit and small so she fits anywhere and never complains. I do have a roll bar so I moved her seat forward so the back would not hit the roll bar and she wouldnt be sitting straight up. this is a mans sport and hobby so let the wife make due.. unless she paid for your car. Enjoy your seats, especially the tight 1990 sport seats!!
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #29
Racinfan83

Well in my case - I couldn't stand the 90 sport seats either. Drove 5+hrs each way to Marc's in Chicago - my legs kept going to sleep from the side bottom bolsters. I'm 6"1 215 and like to be comfy. The 95 seats are SO much better as they are. Just gotta get the rest of the wiring so I can get the power stuff to work. As to the wife - mine is fit as well, and she hates the 90 seats too. So I usually subscribe to the "happy wife, happy life" theory. I wouldnt want her to be uncomfortable any more then I would myself. Its a partnership - in life and in cars...
Old 03-19-2014   #30
edram454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinfan83 View Post
Well in my case - I couldn't stand the 90 sport seats either. Drove 5+hrs each way to Marc's in Chicago - my legs kept going to sleep from the side bottom bolsters. I'm 6"1 215 and like to be comfy. The 95 seats are SO much better as they are. Just gotta get the rest of the wiring so I can get the power stuff to work. As to the wife - mine is fit as well, and she hates the 90 seats too. So I usually subscribe to the "happy wife, happy life" theory. I wouldnt want her to be uncomfortable any more then I would myself. Its a partnership - in life and in cars...
You got a point there. My wife is not a car person so she doesnt care what I do or buy. I agree with happy wife, happy life also. she just stays out of my hobby and supports it. guess i am lucky that way. Hope you get your new seats sorted and are happy with them, both of you.

ed ramos
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote