ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-12-2011   #21
todesengel

Default Re: HawaiiZR-1

craig is a great guy, glad to hear he and his wife are ok. Now let's hope that zr1 he put all that work into wasn't caught up in any of this
todesengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011   #22
Hammer

Talking Re: HawaiiZR-1

Whew, certainly could have been terrible for Craig and family. Glad things are good with the brother.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011   #23
HAWAIIZR-1

Z Brothers,

Thanks so much for your concern and it is greatly appreciated. All is well and I'm still here in a hotel in Waikiki until tomorrow AM flight. I checked the airlines and all is well to be received at Narita airport so that is good as I thought I would have to delay travel. You know it really sucks to be living on the beach in Waikiki like a tourist eating good food on the government's dime.

After Carter called me and monitoring the news international and local I decided to take heed to evacuation from Waikiki since the hotel is not far from the water. We packed everything and went to my parents on the other side of the island overnight. I could not return back to Waikiki the next day until the all clear was given around noon the next day. Thanks Carter for the heads up as we were oblivious to what happened until I got some notices under my door from hotel management a few hours later. We got out of Waikiki before the big exodus even though there was a lot of traffic.

It is strange to be at a place where Tsunami was coming and heading to the place where it came from. Yokohama city where I am moving to was hit by the earthquake pretty hard, but not sure of the damage sustained. Now I am really trying to figure out what to do and where I want to live so new considerations and to protect the Z. My US insurance is dropped and I was referred by USAA to another company there so I will check into the policies and getting some agreed value coverage. You know, you don't think about these type of things and at the time all I could think about is cruising the Z there and having a unique ride with more room to run than this island; especially with the new found power I have now. If the ship sinks it appears my Z is only covered for $21,087.98 which really sucks.

Anyway, thanks to all and especially Dave, Carter and David with your concerns. This is proof that some of your best and caring friends are on the internet.

I'll keep all posted on the situation once I arrive and settle in a bit; especially when the Z arrives to port safely (it better!!!).

Take care and see you folks on the other side as I pack for tomorrow's early flight and catch my last dinner meal in Waikiki then watch the torch lighting and hula dancers in a few hours.

Aloha,

Craig
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011   #24
GrayZ

Yo Craig, glad to hear you hadn't left yet, although, i knew you would be okay, cause you could, cushion yourself, with all the extra diapers you'll be taken to rub on your car. Need anything, pm me.
GrayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011   #25
flyin ryan

Old 03-13-2011   #26
John Boothby

This will probably find you after you arrive in Japan, however, glad to hear you and your's are safe and sound! Hope all goes well once you reach your destination and that your Z makes it safe!

Good luck bro!
1990 #148 Red/Saddle
Haibeck AYBKG5 Chip/RC Engineering/Flowmasters/K&N/Samco/Fuzzy Dice
:cheers:
John Boothby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011   #27
A26B

Please keep us posted Craig. We're all concerned.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011   #28
DaveK

Great to hear from you Craig. Hope everything goes well with the transfer and you all (including your Z!) arrive safely.

Dave
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011   #29
GTOger

Prayers for all of Japan now and for Craig & your family. Glad to hear you are well. I know it sounds trite, but things are just things and that even applies to our beloved rides. Our loved ones are irreplaceable. Sending good thoughts and energy for your journey, and best of luck on the car being safe and sound. At sea may have been the best place for it!
[B]1990 Corvette ZR-1 (#1930)
Red/Black, Stock Engine, Henderson Performance custom ECM, FIC Injectors, B&B exhaust, Kenwood DNX6160[/B]
Other Rides:
1992 Pontiac Firehawk (#010), 1967 Pontiac GTO
1998 Porsche 968, 2000 Harley Davidson FXST
1986 Pontiac Trans Am, 1931 Ford Model A Tudor Deluxe
GTOger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011   #30
ZR1@gmx.com

AMEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOger View Post
Prayers for all of Japan now and for Craig & your family. Glad to hear you are well. I know it sounds trite, but things are just things and that even applies to our beloved rides. Our loved ones are irreplaceable. Sending good thoughts and energy for your journey, and best of luck on the car being safe and sound. At sea may have been the best place for it!
Fun 91 #303
ZR1@gmx.com is offline   Reply With Quote