ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-25-2010   #21
XfireZ51

Default Re: Corsa Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo-1 View Post
Lee,

The MF mufflers are going to be similar to the straight thru as shown in Marc's illustration. The 3" inlet splits internally to the twin outlets. Maybe Paul can shine a light thru the Magnas he has if they haven't been put on yet. I know I could see thru mine when I had them off.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010   #22
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
i also thought the corsa might be restrictive. it was on my car when i got it. the car came with the factory exhaust which i cobbled together removing the resonator and the mufflers . i put in a 3in xpipe and 3 in super turbo mufflers with dual outlets to keep the stock look. i found that i dropped 3tenths and gained almost 2mph over the corsa . dont get me wrong the corsa is a nicely thought out system. i really wasnt looking to replace it when i did the other exhaust till i found it made a pretty decent increase in pwer and was as quiet if not quieter than the corsa . so i sold the corsa .
I'm sorry, but for real? Sammy from Nevada? You swapped your Corsa exhaust for a custom setup exactly like Jonszr1. And you got exactly the same gains as him. And you even type in exactly the same way as him. How long does this **** have to go on for?
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010   #23
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
And it's 2 1/4" try squezing 500+ HP out of that

Pete
It's 2 1/2". I suspect for most of us mildly modded guys, nothing is squeezing through the Corsa setup.

Not directed at you, but I never really understand the concern with the tips. The pipe is 2.5" from headpipe to tailpipe. If it had dual flowing tips, the system wouldn't flow any better. A single tip from a single pipe of the same size is hardly restricting anything.

But it is annoying that one tip gets dirty and one stays spotless. The way a Corsa muffler works, there is only one resonance chamber. So the systems with dual tips simply have a Y in there. On the 'vette there simply isn't enough room to fit a Y out to the dual tips, so they added a tip to the case for cosmetic effect.
Former owner of #2517

Old 07-25-2010   #24
Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
It's 2 1/2". I suspect for most of us mildly modded guys, nothing is squeezing through the Corsa setup.

Not directed at you, but I never really understand the concern with the tips. The pipe is 2.5" from headpipe to tailpipe. If it had dual flowing tips, the system wouldn't flow any better. A single tip from a single pipe of the same size is hardly restricting anything.

But it is annoying that one tip gets dirty and one stays spotless. The way a Corsa muffler works, there is only one resonance chamber. So the systems with dual tips simply have a Y in there. On the 'vette there simply isn't enough room to fit a Y out to the dual tips, so they added a tip to the case for cosmetic effect.
Paint the inside of tip with grill paint.

Lee,for a low cost performance exhaust do what Sammy did.
Stock exhaust replace rasonator w/X-pipe and Dynomax ultraflo mufflers.

Pete
'91 #1635 PoloGreen 350 LT5
11.09 @ 129.27
11.04 @ 128.86
474RWHP 400RWTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNFOhGGlR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRIOMwaDYY
https://sites.google.com/site/peteszr1garage
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010   #25
LGAFF

I decided to go with open exhaust and side pipes....
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010   #26
tpepmeie

Quote:
I'm sorry, but for real? Sammy from Nevada? You swapped your Corsa exhaust for a custom setup exactly like Jonszr1. And you got exactly the same gains as him. And you even type in exactly the same way as him. How long does this **** have to go on for?
I've been so close to typing the exact same comments for the last week as the charade continued. I had to restrain myself. Sammy is Jon/Brad/Tim whatever. I've lost track.
tpepmeie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010   #27
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Lee,for a low cost performance exhaust do what Sammy did.
Stock exhaust replace rasonator w/X-pipe and Dynomax ultraflo mufflers.
FWIW, I did something similar, I swapped the resonator for an LT4 resonator, and the mufflers for 3" Ultraflows. The sound was nice but the resonance was a bear. Once I got headers, I couldn't take it anymore, hence the Corsas. But it looked great and sounded really nice when you weren't steady-state cruising.

I believe sammy/jon/whatever is suggesting Super Turbo mufflers, not Ultraflows. The super turbos are not a straight-through design, though they are probably less convoluted than the factory stuff. They usually are two 180-degree U's with fiber packing inside the Super Turbos.
Former owner of #2517

Old 07-26-2010   #28
GOLDCYLON

Quote:

I believe sammy/jon/whatever is suggesting Super Turbo mufflers, not Ultraflows.
Bob stay on track its Brad/Jon/Willy/Sammy Mac & CHeese. Stay on target
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010   #29
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGAFF View Post
Never new this but CORSA only has 1 working exhaust outlet, my Borla on the 92 has both functional.
I remember a video over on the other forum that used a tennis ball to block the non functional outlet. Proved the point but as others have already posted Marc H likes em as well
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 07-26-2010 at 11:20 AM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010   #30
rhipsher

I guess I'm a little lost here! Did Brad/Jonzr1 get kicked off the site and came back under a different name and IP address?
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote