ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 04-26-2012   #21
GOLDCYLON

Default Re: Insurance question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGAFF View Post
FL is either the first or second most expensive premium state and the fraud and exposure is so bad the governement started their own program because no one has been able to come in and make it work....and they are losing money hand over fist. Volatility management makes writing home, very difficult to do in FL.

If glass is included, its still buillt into the price......nothing is "free".....I also note that USAA uses Safelite. The advanatage USAA and State Farms of the world have is that they are more of a mutual/Reciprocal; meaning that they have no pressure to return a underwriting profit which allows them to run a combined ratio in excess of 100% and still stay afloat. This also allows them to appeal to a broad spectrum of insures who mutually share risk.

Companied like mine have to turn a profit to stay viable and valuable, meaning we need to turn a combined ratio of 88-90% to maintain an underwriting profit. We can beat USAA and others prices, but we have to do it in a more select market and our ability to underwrite is key to our ability to survive in an open market. Our profits are 5-10% underwriting(premium), the balance has to come from smart investments, namely money invested in city/towns in municipal bonds.
Well of course Lee nothing is truely free. Its just a feature of a policy you pay for. Most companies use Safelite. My arugment was my policy is wriiten for original glass at and agreed value.

State Farm always will "SUCK" I had them for many years when I didnt know any better.

I have yet to find ANY insurance company that can beat USAA. Even my home owners policy was half the cost for twice the policy when compared to State Farm.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #22
LGAFF

Keep in mind a large Catatrophe eats profits for years on end...and every company pays massive amounts for reinsurance to make sure a large event does not bring down the entire company.
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #23
LGAFF

USAA is without a doubt one of the best companies around for service....if you can afford CHUBB, they are even better they pay for about everything
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
Old 04-26-2012   #24
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
Ive never heard a single positive thing about Satellite glass,all garbage.Depending on what state your niece lives in Id look into filing a complaint with the state.
I think that is key, the state and the repair shop you choose.
In Oregon law you have a right to take the car to whomever you want to do the repair. That shop chooses. If you find a shop that uses OEM then that rules out the cheep windshield.
If the Ins Company want to operate in Oregon they have to go by Oregon rules.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #25
LGAFF

Scott, everyone is allowed to choose whatever shop and vendor that they want to use, but the insurance company only owes to pay for LKQ per the contract. As for OR last I knew AM could be used.....
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
Old 04-26-2012   #26
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGAFF View Post
Scott, everyone is allowed to choose whatever shop and vendor that they want to use, but the insurance company only owes to pay for LKQ per the contract. As for OR last I knew AM could be used.....
Not sure if anyone on this list knows LKQ or AM but..

Best contact Leif page about misleading insurance "in network" repairs.
This is a link to some common slimy practices.
--http://leifs.com/insurance.php

In case you can't reach that link here in part is one FAQ

Can insurers demand I use imitation parts? Click Here

No. Oregon law requires only certified factory quality parts be specified by the insurance company.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #27
LGAFF

No. Oregon law requires only certified factory quality parts be specified by the insurance company.

...this is a misleading statement...notice his says factory quality parts...meaning parts equal to factory spec which are LKQ.....I checked and aftermarket parts are still used in OR.
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359

Last edited by LGAFF; 04-26-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2012   #28
USAFPILOT

So if it was the ZR-1 windshield, can we even get ZR-1 glass anymore? I thought it is all gone, and that if I choose to replace I will have to settle for standard C4 replacement junk.
1994 #293 ZR-1 Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, B&B catback w/ X-Pipe, 18" Shelby Series One Wheels, SLP CAI.
USAFPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012   #29
LGAFF

tough call, I am guessing every company will treat it differently based upon the contract......you are owed like kind and quality
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
Old 04-27-2012   #30
mike100

California does not require glass coverage. It does keep the premiums down, but it hits hard when you take a rock and have to come out of pocket.

I have used safelite before- nothing worse than a sandstorm damage windshield. Glass is really competitive out here due to no insurance coverage below typical deductible amounts.

I rarely have had to pay more than $200 for a windshield.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote