ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 01-08-2006   #21
WB9MCW

Default Re: The New Mopar Muscle Car...challenger Lives On !!!

HERE ARE SOME STANG PIC'S SEE WHAT I MEAN BY SOFTER CURVES LIKE THE CHALLENGER AND NOT CHISLED LIKE THE CAMERO... WHICH TO ME IS A LOT LIKE THE M300..HOWEVER THE MAGNUM HAS THE CHISLED FRONT END BUT A SOFT FLOWING REAR VIEW BUT STILL SOME SHARP EDGES...GUESS I AM A SOFT CURVE KINDA GUY....HMMMMM!!! MUST HAVE SUMTHIN TO DO WITH BEING THE VB 4 2DAY GUY....YA THINK!!!!

"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006   #22
sledutah

Speaking of Mopars. I rented a Charger a few weeks ago. What a dissapointment that was! The car was nice, had the 3.5 HO engine. Ran great and strong. BUT.... the handling was the worst I've driven in many years. It felt like I was in a big boat when going around a corner, if there was a slight bump in the middle of the corner I would end up in the next lane. Hitting slight bumps on a straight road it felt like I was in a roller coaster bouncing me from seat to hitting the roof. I have rented many different cars in the same area and driven the same roads/highways with them with no problems like this.
OTOH, the new Challenger looks very nice. Can't wait to try it out
Old 01-09-2006   #23
WB9MCW

Jeeze SU ..... I hope it rides better than the charger!!! i think the charger is ugly and a disgrace to its herritage!!! reminds me of the 4 door Grand Prix only worse....The gto is not so great but at least it looks sporty a bit!!! If ur goona bring a muscle car name back out than it should at least be like the new stang...a tribute to its proud herritage...not a joke...it will be interesting to see how the camero and challenger fair!!! so far im not impressed with the camero pic's...the challenger does look like a grand slam...maybe!!!
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-09-2006   #24
Jeffvette

Camaro pics from media day at Detroit Auto Show

Old 01-09-2006   #25
WB9MCW

looks good so far Jeffery, will be interesting to see how the public reacts to it...i hope for gm's sake it goes as well as the stang did for ford...lord knows the General could use another grand slam like the c6 and c6z06 after a lackluster result from the gto (they should have not tried to use the Holden body but developed a fresh new look like the vette and this camero. i still am in a quandry as to why all the sharp lines these days...after 20 years of the soft euro look with taurus intro by the blue oval gang 20 yrs ago i guess soft curves are out for now..good thing we still like em on our women...lol)
Old 01-10-2006   #26
sledutah

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB9MCW
Jeeze SU ..... I hope it rides better than the charger!!! i think the charger is ugly and a disgrace to its herritage!!! reminds me of the 4 door Grand Prix only worse....The gto is not so great but at least it looks sporty a bit!!! If ur goona bring a muscle car name back out than it should at least be like the new stang...a tribute to its proud herritage...not a joke...it will be interesting to see how the camero and challenger fair!!! so far im not impressed with the camero pic's...the challenger does look like a grand slam...maybe!!!
I agree with you about the Charger, I was just expecting more that it was. I think they are all trying to do what the Mustang did, nobody has been successful yet! The Challenger might just do it, if the car turns out like the prototype. The GTO is a joke, not sure what brain dead sob thought that car is a GTO.