ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 03-21-2013   #21
LancePearson

Default Re: white noise sound behind your center dash console?

p.s. B17, used to fly in and out of Columbus, Ohio all the time as I was responsible for one of my responsibilities for a business just south of there in Ashville, Ohio. A continuous coating and fabricating plant on 140 acres just off the highway going due south about ten miles from Col. Good restaurants in Columbus!
[COLOR=red][I]'91 ZR-1 #00682[/I][/COLOR]
Net Registry #1461
LancePearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #22
B17 Crew

Lance,

The C3’s are works of art. Had the opportunity to drive a orange/tan ’77 in the summer. It was like no other car I had ever driven. It was an automatic, completely stock. Was very impressed with how well it handled. The sight lines looking out over the hood can’t help but make you appreciate what a fun car it is to drive. Haven’t had the opportunity yet to drive a Z, that time will come when I upgrade from my LT4 to a LT5.

I don’t see to many TBSS’s around, but 410 hp and all of that room in the back make it a practical vehicle to have in the garage.

Columbus has it share of good restaurants, they are popping up so fast left and right in this town that I can’t keep track of them.

Hope you are able to get your ’76 sorted out!

B17 Crew
B17 Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #23
LancePearson

Crew,
Yes, the tbss with its 4:10 rear end and race suspension is very quick for an suv and pulls a trailer easily as well. Huge sway bars and Billsteins. It's ecm limited to 130 mph but if you change ecms you can get to 149 mph with it very quickly. I've run even with c5's to the limit though they would beat me top end for sure.

My 76 has 255's on it for shoes and new shocks and good body bushings and engine and is really fun to drive on the highway through twisties. It's stock four speed L48 but about 230 hp and moves well. I ran it at VIR for a day and enjoyed that road racing experience as those tires let it hold the road extremely well. It always gets looks when I show it or drive it.

Having said that, the 1991 ZR-1 is so much more powerful, so much more sophisticated and handles the road so much easier and better with its hydraulic clutch so much easier to push down and the 6 speed infinitely greater. I thought the 255's on the 76 were big then bought the 91 Z. Wow! The 76 has a similar rear end ratio and is a great car.

However, I can see that I'll end up selling it either this year or next as I have too many toys to use effectively and so thoroughly enjoy the Z I really won't do the 76 justice letting it sit. No rush but it shows well in local summer shows, etc.

Best to you. I am hoping it warms up by April 5 when my road journeys with the Z start. Today we are going to be about 20 degrees below the normal average high temp here.

Lance
[COLOR=red][I]'91 ZR-1 #00682[/I][/COLOR]
Net Registry #1461
LancePearson is offline   Reply With Quote