ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 05-25-2013   #21
Corbusa

Default Re: A couple things wrong today

Yes Grasshopper , just as a man dwell on his past he wont get shid accomplished during the present..
Corbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013   #22
Don in VT

Hi Corbusa,

I have the same problem with my SIRS. There is a diagnostic for that system that will allow you to identify the issue. I think it is in the FSM. I think it is also in the search section anyway it could help. You can also troubleshoot the system with a Tech 1 which is the best choice.

My problem is the DERM ( diagnostic energy reserve module) that is located under the stereo head in the center console. Pretty easy to get at.

Here is where I am coming from with regard to my problem, the DERM is available for $ 450.00 but I totally agree with WVZR1 and I really don't trust the first generation airbag systems at all so I am not going to fix it. If and when I sell the car I will fully disclose the SIRS problem to the prospective buyer and go from there.

Cheers,

Don

Don in VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013   #23
scottfab

Don, good to see you back on here. Been traveling again? I was talking to a guy the other day and the name Earl Wantland came up. Remember him?

The OP was asking about how to defeat just the passenger side air bag for child safety. I think his system works ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in VT View Post
Hi Corbusa,

I have the same problem with my SIRS. There is a diagnostic for that system that will allow you to identify the issue. I think it is in the FSM. I think it is also in the search section anyway it could help. You can also troubleshoot the system with a Tech 1 which is the best choice.

My problem is the DERM ( diagnostic energy reserve module) that is located under the stereo head in the center console. Pretty easy to get at.

Here is where I am coming from with regard to my problem, the DERM is available for $ 450.00 but I totally agree with WVZR1 and I really don't trust the first generation airbag systems at all so I am not going to fix it. If and when I sell the car I will fully disclose the SIRS problem to the prospective buyer and go from there.

Cheers,

Don

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people

Last edited by scottfab; 05-26-2013 at 10:52 AM.
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013   #24
HAWAIIZR-1

Yeah, I had my own frustration trying to fix the same trouble and appears to be the DERM so I gave up; mine won't even throw codes. As soon as I get back home I have my Momo Competition steering wheel and NRT quick release on the shelf so I'll yank the air bag and disable all. I want to install all now, but with my luck some jerk will steal the steering wheel in shipment when it arrives to Hawaii so I'll wait.
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013   #25
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbusa View Post
the seat belt indicator stays on . ( yes they are plugged in..) any ideas ? and a lite on the dash INFL / REST stays on...? any ideas ..
Just fixed my INFL REST and Seat Belt light warnings today along with several other associated codes
The trick was to remove the battery base plate (Drivers side) and Windshield Wiper Bottle and rear wheel well (Passenger side) to gain clear access to the Left and Right Air Bag Impact Sensors. The issue was poor grounding of both sensors.

Item #2 of Electrical Reconditioning

Last edited by Dynomite; 06-03-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote