Abstain (will go with majority) 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012   #21
FU

Default Re: No More Political Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
Scott doesn't see it as another opinion. We're haters. I don't hate anybody. I don't hate Obama. I just don't believe in his ideals.

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
Old 09-20-2012   #22
MickeyD

The silence is deafening isn't it. I know ive locked horns with him but I didn't bring Romney or Obama into it. Never attacked him personally. I won't feed him anymore. Does no good anyway. Hope I didn't offend anyone here by making what I thought were valid points.
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469
1990 ZR1 Black/Black #843
1993 ZR1 Ruby 40th Anniversary #112
Old 09-20-2012   #23
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
The silence is deafening isn't it. I know ive locked horns with him but I didn't bring Romney or Obama into it. Never attacked him personally. I won't feed him anymore. Does no good anyway. Hope I didn't offend anyone here by making what I thought were valid points.
Sorry were you sitting on the end of your seat?
I've been busy on a project the last 4 hrs.
I'll take on all comers even if they've reached in to a dark place and pulled out some thing smelly.
or come out of the woodwork now that it's open season
with half baked partial understandings of what happened.

The was one assersion I can handle other so called "opinions".
Oh boy can't wait on that one.

stand by.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
Old 09-20-2012   #24
scottfab

The terms "right winger" was not first used by me. I picked up on it to make the point that I was waiting to hear from the "right wingers". If you're not proud to be a "right winger" and it is insulting to you because you're not proud of it then I apologizes to anyone offended. I would be.

So your going to make the rules for dirty hands? You're doing laundry and washed your hands? No maybe your going to wash his hands? Only the clean will understand you hands are dirty.
huh? exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhipsher
Oh I see Scott so it wasn't your idea but since you like it you sure do want to be the instigator who further pushes it in that direction. And you say your in the majority because the poll is 10 to zero. But if I look at all the political threads you decided to enter you are the minority. But I suspect that once the right wingers on this sit see your poll and decide to vote it will be a shut out.

Rhipsher, you see what his reply was? You disagree and all of the sudden "right wingers" comes up. Who's name calling? You make a good point and shazzam...Right wingers, change the subject, you shut up and I'll be the knight in shining armor to make the rules for all the "unwashed"

Old 09-20-2012   #25
scottfab

Quote:
Rhipsher, you see what his reply was? You disagree and all of the sudden "right wingers" comes up. Who's name calling? You make a good point and shazzam...Right wingers, change the subject, you shut up and I'll be the knight in shining armor to make the rules for all the "unwashed"
Geez.
Quote:
Scott forget the majority they know not what's good for them. Only 25% of the colonies supported the revolution. Sometimes you have to do the right thing for others.
Oh trust me, there's more than 25% of us and growing in numbers all the time. The next generation will provide the tipping point for voters that think. Not just react to scare tactics of the days gone by. I am encourage by the women that think and not just go along. I am encourage by the young people I talk to.

Old 09-20-2012   #26
SteelBlueZR1

THIS is exactly why it is no fun coming to our forum when there is such bile and disrespect for oneanother's opinions... Go please to the other Corvette Forum and bomb them with political rhetoric, but keep the brotherhood a politics free forum!
Old 09-20-2012   #27
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric24 View Post
Scott,
I wont beat around the bush with this subject. You say the majority of the people vote in favor for NOT seeing political crap on here, when really most of the people dont want your crap on here.
You maybe right. But it does not alter the fact that I will continue to do it in order to offset the attacks (not just opinions) on religious grounds or racial grounds (the later I have not seen yet)
You'd make a good political spin Dr.
You're spinning the issue from all of us having to see infuriating political posts into one about me. Look I have just as much a right to post infuriating political post as those others that post them. Just because you agree with the other posts and claim "most of the others" do to and not with mine does not make the issue only about my posts as being the problem. That's your opinion. Nice try.
(the above paragraph is going to he hard to understand. You may have to carefully study it)

Quote:
Really, you had 9 threads in one day about Mitt, look we all know who your voting for already!
You missed the boat on whats going on. Let me try to explain it to you.
It's not about who I will vote for. That is a clue.
And it was in no way my intent to sway or announce my decision. You may have missed that a few days earlier.
Here another clue. I'm tired of seeing religious base hate posts and I try to avoid commenting on them. The problem is I can't avoid seeing the titles that show up in New Posts.
I'm tired of seeing thread titles that I can't avoid which are not just "opinions" but slurs. It reminds me of the days when you'd see "baby killer" on posters shown to Vietnam vetts. I suppose you'd call those "opinions" too.

Quote:
I dont think there was an issue on political threads until you bombarded Off Topics so much, then your trying to lead the way on getting rid of it.
Again you missed the boat. There was indeed an issue but not a hot enough issue to get attention to it. You are right about trying to lead the way but only lead the way to get opinions from others to try for consensus. I see even you coming out of the woodwork as a result.
Therefore, it worked. If you have any more slams or spins on things fire away .

Quote:
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, yes, even you. I can read between the lines, people are sick of your threads, post and comments. If you just did not post so much on this stuff there would not be an issue.
I think I already answered why there was so many posts and why you missed the boat. As far as I'm concerned it's over.
Unless there are more religious based hate posts or other posts that go beyond just "opinions" then it should be fairly quiet.
I'm waiting on any action by the moderators that could make not seeing Political posts show up in OFF LINE or other solution.
I fully expect no action at all.

Old 09-20-2012   #28
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFPILOT View Post
this thread is funny because scottfab seems to start the most political thread on the forum. he just cant handle the other opinion.
Another post aimed at the masses and not the issue.
Fine, let's go.

First you came in late. The posts I made were as a direct result of a flurry of religious and other hate posts. I was bringing attention to this AND offering my "opinion" as a counter point. Just because you'd rather see slams from one sided does not mean I don't get to post some.
So when you say I "seem to start most" your correct as of the last two days. (not any more)
So I can't handle other opinions huh?
Obviously you haven't logged in for a few weeks.

Old 09-20-2012   #29
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlueZR1 View Post
THIS is exactly why it is no fun coming to our forum when there is such bile and disrespect for oneanother's opinions... Go please to the other Corvette Forum and bomb them with political rhetoric, but keep the brotherhood a politics free forum!

That's what this poll is all about.
Either we can get some adequate filtering for such or
a ban or ????
I agree 100% and would be fine with a "politics free forum" !!!
or whatever the majority wants.

Old 09-20-2012   #30
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

This discussion itself is so negative for our club and the forum.

My vote isn't just for the political stuff, but drama in general.
Closed Thread

Tags
political