ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-29-2018   #21
spork2367

Default Re: Opinion wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
He could have left the comment as 'seems high' or ain't for me!

Taking into consideration the guy's a BOD member, a forum moderator, 'ex membership chairman' and an owner of one I'd say it was somewhat 'irresponsible' to approach the conversation in this way.

And then came back to argue it seems his point - his car and 10 year old purchase isn't relevant. There ain't no way!!

I'm still with poster #7 although his comment was/is a stretch!

Value is the eyes and the wallet of the potential buyer.
Some details to the comment would have helped. But there are graphed trends of selling prices from the early 2000s until now, so one can certainly compare a value today to a value from 10 years ago.

For a group of people who overwhelmingly claim "we love these cars so much we don't care about what they're worth because we aren't selling them."....There are an awful lot who very much seem to care what they're worth.

Saying that "it's worth what someone will pay".... Sure, and that person is going to want to pay what the market is bearing for that item. And if the claim is "someone will pay what they want," then why get so bent out of shape about xfire's comment?
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018   #22
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecauseEYEgotta View Post

OK, let's look at it this way.
1- One owner car Big plus! in 92 you paid full price or more for these when new. While anyone with money could have bought and abused it, I suspect the opposite is true. Someone who spent 65k or more on this car and kept it for 25 plus years, and kept it in this condition with this mileage, more than likely maintained the car correctly as well.
So that's a big add in price to the 24-25 car gurus pricing tool puts the car at. Yes, 28 is not bad at all so far.
2- No accident, clean Carfax, again one owner, more pluses.
3- Look at the under hood shots. Look at the shocks and surrounding suspension components. Clearly this car was somebody's well-cared for toy, not someone's appliance that was used like a toaster. BIG Pluses!
4- Overall interior is great! However the biggest plus is the condition of the D/side seat bolster. Almost no noticeable wear! I am seeing repetitive signs of well cared for when I look at this car.
5- Michelin pilot sports, spotless drilled rotors, look at the cleanliness of the exhaust pipe peaking out behind the rear tire. These are all conformational of someone using quality parts, not holding back in any way and then maintaining all. Again more and more pluses.

If black was on my list of desired colors, I would select this one either for me or for a customer.
While the price might initially seem a tad high, all of the above more than justifies it.

My only negative, and it is mild and easily correctable , are the swirls and fine scratches in the paint. Black cars are the best when they ARE the best. If not they look forlorn. A few hundred to a good wheel man and this car will look the part as well!

At 28k......

Buy.

Then drive and enjoy!
Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018   #23
BecauseEYEgotta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1 View Post
1- One owner car Big plus! in 92 you paid full price or more for these when new. While anyone with money could have bought and abused it, I suspect the opposite is true. Someone who spent 65k or more on this car and kept it for 25 plus years, and kept it in this condition with this mileage, more than likely maintained the car correctly as well.
So that's a big add in price to the 24-25 car gurus pricing tool puts the car at. Yes, 28 is not bad at all so far.
3- Look at the under hood shots. Look at the shocks and surrounding suspension components. Clearly this car was somebody's well-cared for toy, not someone's appliance that was used like a toaster. BIG Pluses!
4- Overall interior is great! However the biggest plus is the condition of the D/side seat bolster. Almost no noticeable wear! I am seeing repetitive signs of well cared for when I look at this car.
5- Michelin pilot sports, spotless drilled rotors, look at the cleanliness of the exhaust pipe peaking out behind the rear tire. These are all conformational of someone using quality parts, not holding back in any way and then maintaining all. Again more and more pluses.

If black was on my list of desired colors, I would select this one either for me or for a customer.
While the price might initially seem a tad high, all of the above more than justifies it.

My only negative, and it is mild and easily correctable , are the swirls and fine scratches in the paint. Black cars are the best when they ARE the best. If not they look forlorn. A few hundred to a good wheel man and this car will look the part as well!

At 28k......

Buy.

Then drive and enjoy!
Marty

Hey Marty
Thanks for your input! Now I just hope someone else doesn’t read this and go swipe it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
BecauseEYEgotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018   #24
spork2367

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1 View Post

At 28k......

Buy.

Then drive and enjoy!
Marty
All valid points. Which is what makes the car a 24-25k car and not a 18-20k car.

But that sounds like exactly what a dealer would say to get someone to pay 3k plus over current market value.

And that may be worth it to the buyers who don't want to do any amount of leg work to buy a comparable car in a private party sale.
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018   #25
We Gone

Very well stated Marty, could not agree more.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018   #26
Jagdpanzer

Very nice and well kept Z.
Appears the front wheels are aftermarket A-molds.
From what I can see rears could be OEM.
George Braml Intake
Jagdpanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018   #27
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer View Post
Very nice and well kept Z.
Appears the front wheels are aftermarket A-molds.
From what I can see rears could be OEM.
The rear A-mold shows the JWL™ (Japanese Light Wheel) and the front isn't positioned where you can get a good view of the 2d window clock-wise from the valve stem but I'd think it safe to assume these very likely are OE. It seems the owner likely took 0 shortcuts so I doubt the A-mold buy was either.

I'd say it's a pretty damn nice car - cut the miles in half and STILL a damn nice car! If the saw-blades are hanging around better yet. A shame it's not a 2 top car.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018   #28
Z51JEFF

OP,realistically that’s a $24,000 car and that’s if everything on the car works and I mean everything. Everything is seat bladders,all aspects of the stereo system
and most importantly the injectors have been replaced the list goes on. Unless you are dead set on getting this car a little digging will turn up more prospects. You posted this asking for opinions and this is mine. One strong positive for the car is it’s a great color combo and the GM got the tan interior right for 92.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018   #29
Young1

2OK cars easily become 25k cars when items as such need fixin. Bose, bladders, AC, heater core, radiator, vacuum leaks, headlight motors, oil leaks, injectors, plug wires, tires and battery. The items I mentioned have age related failure not necessarily mileage. Paint don't make it run. I purchased a one owner car. If I had taken it to a mechanic I would have spent 3k on it for all the things it needed. Even the shiny ones can be money pits. Check it out well. Be patient too. Walk away if the deal is not right for you. Some guys are waxers and some are drivers. I am the latter. My car is not perfectly detailed. But everything works and runs well and that is what makes me happy.
Young1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018   #30
Vette73

Confused yet? Lol...Marty brings out a good point.....A one owner car well taken care of has its advantages....

With that being said,Corvette prices I feel as a whole are down all over, not just the C-4Z...

I bought mine in Nov of 14,stock...Between 10-11 thousand dollars later all performance related, I am where I want to be with the Z....

If I had to do it all over I would check the cars for sale on this registry.....DO NOT let distance be a deturrent....

Some members have some nice modded cars for sale....

Sent from my LG-TP260 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote