ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 03-30-2008   #21
XfireZ51

Default Re: Off idle stumble...................

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpepmeie
Not true. There is a delta TPS AE factor. I do agree with your prior experience, the TPS-based enrichment does provide a better response off-idle.

For what it's worth, going from memory, the TunerCat tables/constants are not exactly labeled right for some of the AE items. What you see is indeed the Delta MAP AE table. If I recall the earlier calibrations have a rather flat enrichment regardless of D-MAP, while the later (BMCB) is more sloped. I think some of the other TC items are labeled wrong. I don't have it installed, so can't check it anyway.

A final "for what its worth", the very early development calibrations relied exclusively on D-TPS enrichment. The D-MAP feature didn't get put in until later, from what i can tell.

Todd.
Todd,

From what I've been able to see there isn't a AE PW table based on Delta TPS%. I do see a constant for Delta TPS% to allow MAP AE but again no table. The stock 92 bin has a flat AE PW for MAP. Which cal year started using the "sloping" AE? I'd like to look at that.
With modded motors it may make sense to add a bit of decay and possibly increase the PW a bit at the lower Delta MAP. Probably want a bit more fuel going there at smaller Delta MAP since tthe secondaries are not likely to kick in.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #22
tpepmeie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51
Todd,

From what I've been able to see there isn't a AE PW table based on Delta TPS%. I do see a constant for Delta TPS% to allow MAP AE but again no table. The stock 92 bin has a flat AE PW for MAP. Which cal year started using the "sloping" AE? I'd like to look at that.
With modded motors it may make sense to add a bit of decay and possibly increase the PW a bit at the lower Delta MAP. Probably want a bit more fuel going there at smaller Delta MAP since tthe secondaries are not likely to kick in.
Dom,
You're using TunerCat, right? There are probably 500 items not defined in TC's definition files. D-TPS Acceleration Enrichment is among them, constants AND tables. And, as I said, don't think the AE things are all labeled right in TC anyway. I will say that the initial D-TPS AE term is not a traditional table like the MAP AE is, but it is in there nonetheless.

The BMCB is one that I know has the sloped MAP AE values.

This is without a doubt the most frustrating part of any calibration to get right. It's a delicate combination of many factors to get it just right. And lots of trial and error, and trial again.

Todd
tpepmeie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008   #23
XfireZ51

Todd,

I use TunerPro RT. Tunercat has a 99 item limitation. Any chance you'd send or post the section of the code with the D-TPS table for AE?
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008   #24
cuisinartvette

Have you tried Jeff? Why not support someone who supports the forum,
bet he could take care of you.