ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 11-11-2018   #21
dredgeguy

Default Re: 93 for $14k on the bay

Maybe on our site we should promote a special section for our Z's available for sale that are Wazoo or FBI certified? Would give new buyer piece of mind.

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018   #22
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredgeguy View Post
Maybe on our site we should promote a special section for our Z's available for sale that are Wazoo or FBI certified? Would give new buyer piece of mind.
A great idea Charlie, but I am not quite sure how you would "certify" them. I think it should certainly be enough to know that the car was owned by a Wazoo or FBI owner. I certainly would look for that, or at least a car that has been serviced by a well known ZR-1 expert in either group or elsewhere. That is, what I would look for if I won the lottery, got a new wife and suddenly had extra garage space for another ZR-1... --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018   #23
TX '90 ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredgeguy View Post
I think it's a great idea to come up with some way to distinguish between the average car and one gone through by someone knowledgeable of the common issues.
Afraid the "certifying" might be an issue. (Liability concerns is my first thought)
Could be something as simple as a checklist that is recognized by the group. Give the items a score according to cost or difficulty to correct.
As an example if selling your car:
"This C4 ZR-1 has been inspected in accordance with the ZR-1.net operational checklist and scores 96 out of 100."
These checklists could be completed by owner or someone else familiar with the vehicles.
This is a good train of thought to entertain in my opinion. Everyone throw out your ideas.
1990 #442
TX '90 ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018   #24
dredgeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX '90 ZR1 View Post
I think it's a great idea to come up with some way to distinguish between the average car and one gone through by someone knowledgeable of the common issues.
Afraid the "certifying" might be an issue. (Liability concerns is my first thought)
Could be something as simple as a checklist that is recognized by the group. Give the items a score according to cost or difficulty to correct.
As an example if selling your car:
"This C4 ZR-1 has been inspected in accordance with the ZR-1.net operational checklist and scores 96 out of 100."
These checklists could be completed by owner or someone else familiar with the vehicles.
This is a good train of thought to entertain in my opinion. Everyone throw out your ideas.
Your correct, using certifying is not the correct term....must have been the jet lag talking. Your suggestion of a ZR-1 Net Registry checklist is a good one. Just thinking there should be a way to separate "our" Z's that have been taken care of by registry members from the ones that are unknown. Might even drive up membership!

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018   #25
Mystic ZR-1

Just saying you're a ZR-1 Net Registry member
says a lot! Kind of a certification in itself?
It shows a potential buyer that the seller has
an intense interest in the car and aren't "in it" because
they're going thru a "Corvette thing" on the way to
their next flighting interest. There's lots
of "poseurs" in the Corvette hobby,
but not around here!!!
Mystic ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018   #26
TX '90 ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic ZR-1 View Post
Just saying you're a ZR-1 Net Registry member
says a lot! Kind of a certification in itself?
It shows a potential buyer that the seller has
an intense interest in the car and aren't "in it" because
they're going thru a "Corvette thing" on the way to
their next flighting interest. There's lots
of "poseurs" in the Corvette hobby,
but not around here!!!
I agree with this wholeheartedly.
Was just thinking that some means to relate that the car meets an operational standard recognized by the Registry would help separate our cars from the "typical" Z on the market.
I know that when I see a ZR-1 for sale that is not from a Registry member my first thoughts are that the typical issues probably have not been addressed. In my mind I automatically deduct several thousand dollars because of the unknown. This may or may not apply to the particular car, but if unknown, it must be factored in.
I'm going to stick my neck out here and offer to work on putting something together if there is support for such an effort.
If so, I'll go for it, but will need a lot of input from the membership as the project progresses.
1990 #442
TX '90 ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018   #27
silvergate

Hello. I'm the guy that bought it. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but I should get to it shortly. I can let you know what it needed. He actually already tried the fuel pumps he said. Hopefully it's nothing serious. I already have another ZR1, it's a 1991 Quasar blue. They are both in about the same condition (driver / local car show quality) I really only need one, which one do you guys think would be a better investment long-term? I like the Quasar blue color a lot better, but I realize the 93 model is rarer. I'm a bit of a car collector, I have a C1,C3, and C5 as well. I'll post some pics. The 62 will be for sale shortly if anyone is interested.
silvergate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018   #28
32valvZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergate View Post
Hello. I'm the guy that bought it. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but I should get to it shortly. I can let you know what it needed. He actually already tried the fuel pumps he said. Hopefully it's nothing serious. I already have another ZR1, it's a 1991 Quasar blue. They are both in about the same condition (driver / local car show quality) I really only need one, which one do you guys think would be a better investment long-term? I like the Quasar blue color a lot better, but I realize the 93 model is rarer. I'm a bit of a car collector, I have a C1,C3, and C5 as well. I'll post some pics. The 62 will be for sale shortly if anyone is interested.
Congrats on the steal...err, I mean deal... Definitely tell us what the fix is! I would be more inclined to keep the 93 myself. I discussed the purchase of the car you bought with my wife and we were talking about which one we would want to keep... I was pretty close to making a move on that car you bought.
[B]1990 #2815[/B]
[COLOR="Red"][B]Red/Red[/B][/COLOR]
Ported Plenum & IH (by Pete)
Haibeck Chip
Rebuilt FPR (by Phil)
FIC Injectors
Watson LT Headers
3" Stainless Works exhaust
Lingenfelter Open Air Lid
Bill B Built Transmission
Shifter & C Beam Plates

[FONT=Impact][COLOR=red]1992 [COLOR=black]#[/COLOR] 091[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Impact][COLOR=#ff0000]Red/[COLOR=silver]Gray[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
[B]SOLD[/B]

Last edited by 32valvZ; 11-12-2018 at 01:31 PM.
32valvZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018   #29
The Boss

Wow that looks like it was a smoking deal

The Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018   #30
TexasZR1

IMHO, the Polo Green is a much better looking color. I'm quite partial to it, having owned several other GM cars in that color or similar. Also, the tan leather interior is a perfect pair for the Polo Green. I had looked and looked and looked for that color combination can simply could not find something in my price range. Ultimately settled on black/black 1990.

Also, being a 1993, it has a boost for rarity AND more rated horse power. Unless the miles are considerably lower on your 1991, I would personally keep the 1993.

Again, I'm biased, because the car and price (the 1993) are an absolutely perfect bargain in my book. I would choose it over any deal I've seen or had a million times over.

Best of luck working out the little issues and ENJOY!
TexasZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote