ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 01-28-2011   #21
tomtom72

Default Re: Japan bound

Wow Craig, this sounds like a great opportunity for you. I hope everything goes smooth for you in your new job!

Also, I hope the Z goes back together smoothly....no surprises! Just be careful driving on the wrong side of the road over there!

Take this one for the road!

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011   #22
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKYRJ1 View Post
Hey Craig, still need to keep in contact with you, your my mod brother!
Ricky, you know I will have you in mind when I see all the modded cars over there and we'll share some ideas for sure. You are the King of mods though...................I'm just your disciple.
1995 #228 Black/Black with Dunn Heads
ZR-1 owner since September 2003
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #0074
NCM Lifetime Member #2048

HAWAIIZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011   #23
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
Wow Craig, this sounds like a great opportunity for you. I hope everything goes smooth for you in your new job!

Also, I hope the Z goes back together smoothly....no surprises! Just be careful driving on the wrong side of the road over there!

Take this one for the road!

Tom
Tom,

Thanks so much and I forgot all about that picture........are you trying to make me famous? Yeah, I just know I'm going to drive on the wrong side of the road a few times. Aloha!!!!!

Old 01-30-2011   #24
tomtom72

I'm not paying attention most of the time! I forgot the link to that picture, sorry Craig!

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...thering151.jpg

I hope I did that correctly so you can take a copy if you like?

Famous?! You are famous already Craig! Just look at all the stuff you did to your Z....jez, that car & your working alone & the results of your work are my inspiration to keep on top of mine. There a few of us who are "out in the cold by ourselves" in as much as we are not near any of the really organized local groups. Geographic luck of the draw! Craig, you are proof that where there is a desire, there is a solution!

You want to see a funny picture of a guy pointing to his brick? I have one of my CT bro Lou pointing to his brick; he bought it back when the NCM first opened & at the 20th it was the first time he ever saw it!
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011   #25
HIZNHRZ

Craig, congrats on the new job and opportunity. Wish you all the best.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your work. You've got to finish that beast and post lots of pictures before you leave so we can give you a proper send off!
HIZNHRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011   #26
Hammer

Talking Re: Japan bound

Craig,
Hope everything works out great for you over there. It's been great getting to know you and then riding around with you at the Gathering this year. I certainly enjoyed it.
John
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011   #27
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
I'm not paying attention most of the time! I forgot the link to that picture, sorry Craig!

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...thering151.jpg

I hope I did that correctly so you can take a copy if you like?

Famous?! You are famous already Craig! Just look at all the stuff you did to your Z....jez, that car & your working alone & the results of your work are my inspiration to keep on top of mine. There a few of us who are "out in the cold by ourselves" in as much as we are not near any of the really organized local groups. Geographic luck of the draw! Craig, you are proof that where there is a desire, there is a solution!

You want to see a funny picture of a guy pointing to his brick? I have one of my CT bro Lou pointing to his brick; he bought it back when the NCM first opened & at the 20th it was the first time he ever saw it!
Hey Tom,

I really appreciate the photo and kind words. Yes, life with the Z has been a challenge working on it alone; at least there was a friend I met through here that has an LT1, but is very smart and with an interest in the Z helping me at some critical times like today when I will degree in the right side cams in with the motor in the car. I could not make a single ZR-1 friend on this little island, but made some great friends on this site and while attending the Gatherings. That is a funny story about Lou and I believe I have photos of both of you too. I'll be in another part of the world, but will still be here. Take care and hope to see you at another Gathering in the future.

Aloha,

Craig

Old 01-30-2011   #28
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIZNHRZ View Post
Craig, congrats on the new job and opportunity. Wish you all the best.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your work. You've got to finish that beast and post lots of pictures before you leave so we can give you a proper send off!
Scott,

Thanks, it means a lot and we (my wife and I) are so excited about this opportunity.

I'll try to post when I can get some good photos outside of the garage where the Z has sat for so many years on stands. I really want to take the Z to Punchbowl where it is scenic and I can tribute the Z to all the great veterans that lay resting there. I hope to have this Z running in a few weeks so I can break it in before shipping it off.

Here is a taste of a recent mod to prep for my journey:

Porsche side marker/turn signals with LED bulbs to help me pass the Syaken system for registration there.

Aloha!!!

Old 01-30-2011   #29
HAWAIIZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Craig,
Hope everything works out great for you over there. It's been great getting to know you and then riding around with you at the Gathering this year. I certainly enjoyed it.
John
Thanks John, I really appreciate it and same here with getting to know you too. I hope to make a Gathering from the "Land of the Rising Sun" and maybe bring some of the Z brothers with me. I'll be in touch here.

Take care,

Craig

Old 01-30-2011   #30
flyin ryan

Post Keep in touch...

Take care Craig & be good .