ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 04-18-2010   #21
Toyvet1

Default Re: SYS light,,

I appear to have a ground on wire d20. Meter hooked to + and get 12 + v at d20. D15 is dead all the time. This is with ccm unplugged
Toyvet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010   #22
SillyB

Default Re: SYS light,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
Okay, usually....and I stress usually that symptom is a bad battery. It goes along also with your other thread.

How old is the battery? Our cars are electric hogs because of the old er electronics. Not as power use efficient as the newer stuff on today's cars.

If the battery resting state voltage is below 12v, the "sys" light will flash when you try to start the car. Also, if the battery is too far into the 11v range the LCD does all kinds of strange things. Check the voltage as it's proly below the 12v mark.

:cheersTom
I want to confirm Tom's statement above, I was getting some weird artifacting on the LCD as well as SYS flashing intermittently while driving in place of the inst MPG figure. I knew that my battery was near the end of the road, but I didn't realize that the two problems were related. I went to Sears and picked up a new Die Hard and the SYS and LCD problems are now gone. Sounds like this is not the case for Toyvet1, but I figured I'd throw in my $.02 for those like me who scour the posts years later looking for answers to their problems.
SillyB is offline   Reply With Quote