ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 07-23-2014   #21
mike100

Default Re: Brake lock up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
2) Does ASR function by APPLYING BRAKES (to the slipping wheel)? Or does it function by REDUCING THROTTLE?
Yes to both conditions if I recall well. Not on ZR-1's, but the regular coupe even got a big upgrade in 95,96 to a faster acting system with updated control. The C4's ASR was capapble of applying a rear brake along with throttle reduction to stop spinning tires and to induce a yaw correction in a sliding condition. The inputs should be individual wheel sensors, the yaw sensor in the depths of the console or ABS well (don't recall). The lack of a speedo signal may very well be part of this mystery- i would try to fix that regardless.

The year of the car was never mentioned so it would have to be a 92-95 model to have ASR. if it is a 90 or 91, all this is moot- ABS only and shouldn't be able to lock up a wheel...but who knows for sure.
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014   #22
Jim Nolan

Default Re: Brake lock up

I changed the check valve and used the old gasket. The valves are exactly the same the replacement gasket did not impres me that much, not enough overlap on the booster unit. One thing I did notice the new NAPA valve had less resistance then the factory doing the Mike check.

As for the MPH problem; I forgot that when the gearing was changed to a 3:91 for speed correction an electronic correction was used for the correct MPH. I checked all the connections, ohmed the wiring put it all together and took it out for a test run. One other thing I did and I'm sure it did not factor into it. I put the dyno tuned e-prom back in. Ran like a champ. About $100 worth of rubber on Hwy. 98
Jim Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote